Gradišče nad Prvačino
|Gradišče nad Prvačino
Gradišče pri Zalem Hribu (1953–1955)
1910 postcard of Gradišče nad Prvačino
|Traditional region||Slovenian Littoral|
|• Total||1.74 km2 (0.67 sq mi)|
|Elevation||121.7 m (399.3 ft)|
Gradišče nad Prvačino (pronounced [ɡɾaˈdiːʃtʃɛ nat pəɾˈʋaːtʃinɔ]; Italian: Gradiscutta in Val Vipacco) is a village in western Slovenia in the Municipality of Nova Gorica. It is located in the Vipava Valley in the Gorizia region and is a satellite settlement of Prvačina.
The name of the settlement was changed from Gradišče to Gradišče pri Zalem Hribu in 1953. It was then changed from Gradišče pri Zalem Hribu to Gradišče nad Prvačino in 1955.
Notable people that were born or lived in Gradišče nad Prvačino include:
- Simon Gregorčič (1844–1906), Slovene poet, lived in Gradišče nad Prvačino from 1882 to 1903
- Josip Tominc (1790–1866), Italian-Slovene painter
- Statistical Office of the Republic of Slovenia
- Nova Gorica municipal site
- Spremembe naselij 1948–95. 1996. Database. Ljubljana: Geografski inštitut ZRC SAZU, DZS.
- Roman Catholic Diocese of Koper List of Churches May 2008 Archived 2009-03-06 at the Wayback Machine.
- Slovenska biografija: Simon Gregorčič (Slovene)
|This article about the Municipality of Nova Gorica in Slovenia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|