|Single by Third Eye Blind|
|from the album Third Eye Blind|
|Genre||Alternative rock, post-grunge|
|Third Eye Blind singles chronology|
"Graduate" is a song by American alternative rock group Third Eye Blind. It was released in August 1997 as the second single from their 1997 self-titled debut album. It was written by Stephan Jenkins and Kevin Cadogan. The B-side, "Horror Show", was later released on the "How's It Going to Be" single in 1998. It reached number 26 on the Hot Mainstream Rock Tracks chart in the U.S, and number 14 on the Hot Modern Rock Tracks chart. Additionally, it was featured in the 1998 film Can't Hardly Wait starring Seth Green and Jennifer Love Hewitt.
The band played this at the American Music Awards in 1998, changing some of the lyrics to "can I masturbate" in place of "can I graduate." In 2011 former Third Eye Blind members Cadogan and Arion Salazar created a music video for the song.
- "Graduate" (LP version) - 3:08
- "Graduate" (remix) - 3:25
- "Horror Show" - 4:00
|Canada Alternative 30 (RPM)||6|
|UK Singles (The Official Charts Company)||108|
|US Billboard Mainstream Rock Tracks||26|
|US Billboard Modern Rock Tracks||14|
- Stephan Jenkins–lead vocals, percussion
- Kevin Cadogan–lead guitar, backing vocals
- Arion Salazar–bass guitar, backing vocals
- Brad Hargreaves–drums
- "Third Eye Blind". allmusic.com. Retrieved March 19, 2011.
- "Graduate - Third Eye Blind". billboard.com. Retrieved March 19, 2011.
|This 1990s rock single-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|