Nursing school graduation candidates holding the bells of stethoscopes on each other.
|Competencies||The application of principles of Nursing practice to the well-being of patients/clients|
|a graduate of a Nursing Education diploma program, an associate degree in nursing or a Bachelors of Science degree in Nursing|
Qualifications in terms of statutory regulations according to national, state, or provincial legislation in each country
The Graduate Nurse (GN) is a nurse who has completed his or her academic studies but not completed the requirements to become a Registered Nurse (RN). Depending on the country, state, province or similar licensing body, the graduate nurse may be granted provisional nursing licensure. A Graduate nurse has not yet passed the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX-RN) to become a Registered Nurse (RN).
In the US, the Graduate nurse can practice nursing under a Registered nurse. To practice as a Graduate nurse, he or she must have been authorized by the examination provider to sit for the licensed examination and have been provided documentation for their eligibility to take the examination. Those who have been recognized and approved by the State board of Nursing may use the "G.N." status as part of their identification. In Canada and Texas, a student who has successfully completed his or her nursing education can obtain a distinct licensure as a Graduate Nurse (GN). This designation remains until the GN successfully passes the RN examinination.
- Enrolled Nurse Professional Association
- Licensed practical nurse
- Registered nurse (RN)
|The Wikibook Careers has a page on the topic of: Nursing|
- National Council of State Boards of Nursing National Organization that publishes standards for the licensing of Nurses.
- "Graduate nurse - definition of graduate nurse". by The Free Dictionary. Retrieved 2016-09-26.
- "Graduate Nurse Medical Definition". Merriam-Webster Medical Dictionary. Retrieved 2016-09-26.
- "Graduate Nurse - Licensing, Renewals & Information". Florida Board of Nursing. Retrieved 2016-09-26.
- "Nursing Grads Defined". Maryland Board of Nursing. Retrieved 2016-09-26.
- "Initial Graduate Nurse (GN) Licence - RN". Saskatchewan Registered Nursing Association. Retrieved 2016-09-26.
- "Practice Guidelines". Texas State Board of Nursing. Retrieved 2016-09-26.