Michael Grae Worster (born 16 July 1958) is a British fluid dynamicist at the University of Cambridge. He is a professor at the Department of Applied Mathematics and Theoretical Physics and a Fellow of Trinity College, Cambridge. Since 2007, he has been the editor-in-chief of the Journal of Fluid Mechanics. He is also an associate faculty member of the African Institute for Mathematical Sciences. In 2006, he was elected Fellow of the American Physical Society and of the European Mechanics Society.
In 1979, he obtained a B.A. from the University of Cambridge, where he then continued his studies, completing his Ph.D. there in 1983 under the supervision of Herbert Huppert.
History of Employment
1983–1989: Research Fellow, Trinity College, University of Cambridge, UK.
1983–1985: Instructor, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA.
1989–1992: Assistant Professor, Northwestern University, USA.
1992–2000: Assistant Director of Research, DAMTP, University of Cambridge, UK.
2000–2001: Senior Lecturer, DAMTP, University of Cambridge, UK.
2001–2004: Reader, DAMTP, University of Cambridge, UK.
2004–present: Professor, DAMTP, University of Cambridge, UK.
- ^ "DAMTP Professor Grae Worster". DAMTP. Retrieved 17 March 2015.
- ^ "Editorial board". Journal of Fluid Mechanics. Cambridge University Press. Retrieved 16 February 2018.
- ^ "Associate Faculty of AIMS South Africa".
- ^ "APS Fellow Archive". American Physical Society. Retrieved 16 February 2018.
- ^ "The Mathematics Genealogy Project". The Mathematics Genealogy Project. Retrieved 17 March 2015.
- ^ "Grae Worster". Applied Maths dept., Cambridge University. Retrieved 22 June 2018.