Graeme Davis (game designer)
||This article's tone or style may not reflect the encyclopedic tone used on Wikipedia. (November 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
After leaving school he worked in the banking industry before studying for a Bachelor of Arts degree in archaeology at the University of Durham in 1979. He graduated in 1982 and started work towards a Doctor of Philosophy degree.
A job offer from Games Workshop in 1986 prompted Davis to leave university with his Ph.D. unfinished. However, his historical and archaeological knowledge and research skills have been put into use throughout his career with several firms and as a freelancer.
He was one of the original designers of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay. Games Workshop spun Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay into a new subsidiary called Flame Publications in 1989, and Davis remained on staff at Flame.
Davis published his first novel, Blood and Honor, book four in the Eberron The War-Torn series, in 2006.
Since 2009 Davis has been the line editor for Rogue Games' historical horror RPG Colonial Gothic, contributing to several titles in the line.
Published works (as primary or contributing writer)
- Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 1st edition (1986) and 2nd edition (2005)
- Plundered Vaults
- Creatures of Freeport (Green Ronin; 2004)
- GURPS Vikings (Steve Jackson Games; 2nd ed. 2002) ISBN 978-1-55634-512-8 (+ other GURPS titles)
- Blood and Honor (Eberron novel, September 2006)
- The Edge of Night (adventure for Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay, 3rd edition; Fantasy Flight Games; 2010)
- "Graeme Davis". Archived from the original on Feb 24, 2009.
- Random Wizard. "Graeme Davis Interview". Interview. Random Wizard. Retrieved 2013-11-22.
- John Foody. "The Warpstone Interview: Graeme Davis". Warpstone. Hogshead Publishing. Archived from the original on 2007-09-15. Retrieved 2007-08-29.
- Marcus Widmer. "Interview with Graeme Davis". Strike to Stun #2. Archived from the original on 2007-09-28. Retrieved 2007-08-29.
- Shannon Appelcline (2011). Designers & Dragons. Mongoose Publishing. p. 50. ISBN 978-1-907702-58-7.
- Mark Pook. "Plundered Vaults (Review)". RevolutionSF. Retrieved 2007-08-29.
- "Creatures of Freeport - RPG Review - GameWyrd". Retrieved 2008-10-22.
- Little, Jay. "Putting the Uber in Ubersreik: A Designer Diary". Retrieved 2010-10-05.
- Graeme Davis's homepage
- David's RPG credits
- Graeme Davis' profile at MobyGames
- Graeme Davis at BoardGameGeek
- Biography at Pen & Paper
|This biographical article relating to a role-playing game designer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a writer or poet from the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|