|The Right Reverend|
|Acting Dean of St Edmundsbury|
|Church||Church of England|
|Diocese||Diocese of St Edmundsbury and Ipswich|
Bishop of Sodor and Man (2003–2007)|
Dean of Carlisle (1999–2003)
Archdeacon of Portsmouth (1993–1999)
Dean of St Paul's (2007–2011)
|Ordination||1974 (deacon); 1975 (priest)|
|Consecration||4 December 2003|
25 September 1951|
|Parents||Stan & Grace|
|Alma mater||King's College London|
Graeme Paul Knowles CVO (born 25 September 1951) is a retired Anglican bishop. He is currently the Acting Dean of St Edmundsbury, having previously served as Bishop of Sodor and Man and as Dean of St Paul's.
Knowles served a curacy at St Peter-in-Thanet in Broadstairs, Kent from 1974 to 1979. From 1979 he was precentor and senior curate of Leeds Parish Church before moving to become precentor and a canon residentiary at Portsmouth Cathedral in 1981. He was also chaplain during his time at the cathedral and held the post of chapter clerk from 1985 to 1987. He became the vicar of Leigh Park in 1987, additionally taking on the role of Rural Dean of Havant from 1990. He was appointed Archdeacon of Portsmouth in 1993 and held the post until 1999.
Knowles was Dean of Carlisle from 1999 until he moved to the Isle of Man as Bishop of Sodor and Man in 2003, replacing Noël Jones. He was consecrated a bishop by David Hope, Archbishop of York at York Minster on 4 December 2003 and installed at Peel Cathedral on 17 January 2004. He became Dean of St Paul's in 2007 in succession to John Moses who retired in 2006.
Knowles was installed as Dean of St Paul's Cathedral, London on 1 October 2007 after Letters Patent were issued on 20 September 2007. He resigned from St Paul's on 1 November 2011 as a result of the reactions to the Chapter's resolution to evict the Occupy London protesters from cathedral land.
After leaving St Paul's, Knowles retired to Bury St Edmunds, where he was licensed as an honorary assistant bishop and appointed as registrar of a charity supporting the families of Anglican clergy.
- The Reverend Graeme Knowles (1974–1981)
- The Venerable Graeme Knowles (1993–1999)
- The Very Reverend Graeme Knowles (1999–2003)
- The Right Reverend Graeme Knowles (2003–2012)
- The Right Reverend Graeme Knowles CVO (2012–present)
- City of London Festival – Graeme Knowles Archived 10 June 2012 at the Wayback Machine.
- IOM Today – Bishop's enthronement date set
- "No. 60063". The London Gazette. 17 February 2012. p. 3201.
- "No. 55351". The London Gazette. 29 December 1998. p. 14037.
- "No. 57108". The London Gazette. 10 November 2003. p. 13821.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2 April 2012. Retrieved 28 November 2008.
- "No. 58459". The London Gazette. 26 September 2007. p. 13909.
- BBC News – St Paul's Dean Graeme Knowles resigns over protests
- "No. 58752". The London Gazette (Supplement). 1 July 2008. p. 9835.
- St Edmundsbury – A warm welcome for Principal and Assistant Bishops
|Church of England titles|
| Archdeacon of Portsmouth
| Dean of Carlisle
| Bishop of Sodor and Man
| Dean of St Paul's