|Graeme C. Simsion|
|Born||Auckland, New Zealand|
|Occupation||Author, consultancy manager, data modeller|
|Nationality||Australian, NZ, UK|
|Education||2014 Diploma of Professional Writing and Editing, RMIT
2013 Advanced Diploma of Screenwriting, RMIT
2006 PhD, University of Melbourne
1986 MBA, Deakin University
1984 GDipC&IS, Monash University
1976 BSc, Monash University
2012 Victorian Premier's Unpublished Manuscript Award2014 Australian Book Industry's Book of the Year
|Spouse||Professor Anne Buist|
Simsion won the 2012 Victorian Premier's Unpublished Manuscript Award for his book, The Rosie Project. Text Publishing has sold the rights to the book internationally for over $1.8m. The Rosie Project was published in Australia in January 2014, and has since sold more than a million copies in over forty countries around the world. Simsion initially wrote The Rosie Project as a screenplay, which has since been optioned to Sony Pictures Entertainment. A sequel to The Rosie Project, titled The Rosie Effect, was published on 24 September 2014 by Text Publishing. Simsion has announced that his third novel will be about a relationship rekindled and titled The Best of Adam Sharp. He and his wife Anne Buist are also collaborating on a novel set on the Camino de Santiago.
Prior to writing fiction he was an information systems consultant and wrote two books and several papers about data-modelling. He established a consulting business in 1982 and sold it in 1999. At that time Simsion Bowles and Associates had over seventy staff. He co-founded a wine distribution business, Pinot Now with Steven Naughton. In 2006 he obtained a PhD degree from the University of Melbourne in the area of data modeling.
The Rosie Effect
- Indie Book Awards, Shortlisted, 2015
- Nielsen BookData Booksellers Choice Award, Shortlisted, 2015
- Australian Book Industry General Fiction Award, Shortlisted, 2015
The Rosie Project
- International IMPAC Dublin Literary Award, Ireland, Longlisted, 2015
- Australian Book Industry's Book of the Year, Winner, 2014
- Australian Book Industry's General Fiction Book of the Year, Winner, 2014
- Nielsen BookData Booksellers Choice Award, Shortlisted, 2014
- Best Debut Fiction, Independent Booksellers of Australia Awards, Shorlisted, 2014
- Waverton Good Read Award, United Kingdom, Shortlisted, 2014
- The Indie Awards, Shortlisted, 2014
- Victorian Premier's Award for Best Unpublished Manuscript, Winner, 2012
- Doctor of Communication Honoris Causa - RMIT
- The Age Short Story Award 2012 – second with his story Three Encounters with the Physical
- Stringybark Seven Deadly Sins Award 2012 second with his story Eulogy for a Sinner
- Stringybark Short Story Award 2012 three Highly Commended stories that appear in the book The Road Home
- Twisted Stringybark Award 2012 two Highly Commended stories that appear in the book Tainted Innocence
- Stringybark Flash Fiction Award 2012 one Highly Commended story, Cutting that appears in the book Behind the Wattles
- Fellowship of Australian Writers Jennifer Burbidge Award 2007 one Highly Commended story, The Klara Project – Phase 1 that appears in the book The Enveloope Please 2007
- DAMA 2003 Professional Achievement Award
- Fellow of the Australian Computer Society 1998
- The Best of Adam Sharp, Text Publishing, Melbourne, 2016 ISBN 9781925355888
- The Rosie Effect, Text Publishing, Melbourne, 2014 ISBN 9781922182104
- The Rosie Project, Text Publishing, Melbourne, 2012 ISBN 9781922079770
- Intervention on the Number 3 Tram, Melbourne Writers Festival, 2015.
- Like It Was Yesterday, Review of Australian Fiction, 2015.
- The Life and Times of Greasy Joe, The Big Issue, 2015.
- A Visit to the Other Side, Conde Nast Traveller, 2013.
- Three Encounters with the Physical, The Age Short Story Award, 2013.
- Cutting, Behind the Wattles, 2012.
- Eulogy for a Sinner, Seven Deadly Sins, 2012.
- A Confession in Three Parts, The Road Home, 2012.
- Savoir Faire, The Road Home, 2012.
- Natural Selection, The Road Home, 2012.
- A Short Submission to the Coroner, Tainted Innocence, 2012.
- GSOH, Tainted Innocence, 2012.
- The Klara Project Phase 1, The Envelope Please, 2007.
- Simsion, Milton and Shanks: "Data Modeling: Description or Design?" Information and Management, May 2012.
- "Data Modelling: Theory and Practice" by Graeme Simsion, 2007, Technics Publications, ISBN 978-0977140015
- "Data Modelling Essentials" by Graeme Simsion & Graham Witt, 2004 3rd ed, Morgan Kaufmann, San Francisco ISBN 0126445516
- Moody, D and Simsion, G: "Justifying Investment in Information Resource Management", Australian Journal of Information Systems, September 1995.
- "A Structured Approach to Data Modelling", Australian Computer Journal, August,1989.
- Simsion, G.C and Symington, J.A: "A Comparison of Network and Relational Database Architectures in a Commercial Environment", Australian Computer Journal, November 1981.
Short Films and Plays
- Thought Tracker, Producer, Premiere: Westside Shorts, 2013
- Decisions, Writer-Producer, Premiere: Westside Shorts, 2012
- The Prince, Writer-Producer, Premiere: Westside Shorts, 2012
- The Perfect Gift, Writer-Producer, (Director: Carley Sheffield), Premiere: Toronto Urban Film Festival, 2012
- Reason for Living, Producer-Director, Premiere: Bondi Film Festival, 2012
- Push Up, Writer-Producer, (Director: Jason Christou), Premiere: Flickerfest Film Festival, Sydney, 2010
- The Last Bottle, Writer-Producer, (Directors Michael Carsen and Beth Child), Premiere: Zero Film Festival (New York), 2010, ABC Television, 2010
- Transformation, Writer-Producer, (Director: Rebecca Peniston-Bird), Premiere: St Kilda Film Festival, 2009, ABC Television, 2010
- Red Porsche, Writer-Producer, (Director: Chris Wurm), Premiere: Westside Shorts, 2009
- Turning Back the Clocks, Writer-Producer, (Director: Michael Carsen), Premiere: Janison Short and Sharp Film Festival, 2009
- Prisoner's Dilemma, Writer, Premiere: Short and Sweet Festival, Melbourne, 2008
- Hot Water, Writer, Premiere: Defector Theatre, Melbourne, 2008
- Key Change, Writer-Producer, (Director: David Grant), Premiere: Katoomba Film Festival, 2008
- Steger,Jason "A First Date with Destiny", The Age 26 January 2012
- "Victorian Premier's Literary Award for an Unpublished Manuscript: Winner Announced". The Wheeler Centre. 4 June 2012.
- "Stringybark Stories Author profile" Nov 2012
- "No Lounging Around as New Author Gains Ground", The Age 28 September 2012
- "The Rosie Project". www.textpublishing.com.au. Retrieved 2015-11-30.
- "The Rosie Effect". www.textpublishing.com.au. Retrieved 2015-11-30.
- "Rosy film future for Rosie Project". The Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved 2015-11-27.
- Balfour, Cheryl (10 August 2015). "Rosie Project author Graeme Simsion joins Melbourne Writers Festival bestseller panel". Leader.
- "Literary Double Act". The Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved 2015-11-30.
- "Text Publishing – Graeme Simsion" Text Publishing biography 2013
- "Pinot Now About Us"
- Author of 'The Rosie Project' awarded Book of the Year prize – ABC news
- Graeme Simsion’s The Rosie Project named Australian Book of the Year – news.com.au
- "The Prize for an Unpublished Manuscript". The Wheeler Centre. Retrieved 2015-11-30.
- "It’s Graduation time!". RMIT University.
- Simsion,Graeme "Three Encounters with the Physical" The Age 12 January 2013
- "FAW Results" 2007
- "DAMA Achievement Awards". Data Management International. 2003.
- Australian Computer Society – Victorian fellows – 1998
- "The life and times of Greasy Joe: Drinking, driving and the possibility of sex". search.informit.com.au. Retrieved 2015-11-27.
- "Three encounters with the physical". The Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved 2015-11-27.
- "Stringybark Flash Fiction and Micro Fiction Award 2012". www.stringybarkstories.net. Retrieved 2015-11-27.
- "Stringybark Seven Deadly Sins Fiction Award 2012". www.stringybarkstories.net. Retrieved 2015-11-27.
- "Stringybark Short Story Award 2011". www.stringybarkstories.net. Retrieved 2015-11-27.
- "Twisted Stringybark Short Story Award 2012". www.stringybarkstories.net. Retrieved 2015-11-27.