Graham Annable at the 2014 San Diego Comic-Con International.
June 1, 1970|
Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, Canada
Graham Annable (born June 1, 1970) is a Canadian cartoonist and animator. He is the creator of Grickle, published by Alternative Comics, and one of the founders of the Hickee humor anthology (also published by Alternative Comics). Annable has created works for the television, film, video game, and comic book industries.
Life and career
Annable was born in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, Canada. After graduating from Sheridan College in Oakville, Ontario, where he was classically trained as an animator, Annable ended up at LucasArts. He worked there for ten years, starting in 1994 on Full Throttle and ultimately as a lead animator on the cancelled Sam & Max: Freelance Police. In addition, Annable has done illustration and cartoon work for (among others) Chuck Jones, Nickelodeon, and Walt Disney Productions. His self-produced short animated films are also popular among YouTube watchers. Annable was employed as creative director at Telltale Games during their first year, and has continued working closely with them, later designing Puzzle Agent, amongst other titles.
- Grickle (Alternative Comics, 2001, ISBN 978-1-891867-01-9)
- Further Grickle (Alternative Comics, 2003, ISBN 978-1-891867-55-2)
- Hickee (contributor) (Alternative Comics, 2003, ISBN 978-1-891867-42-2)
- Hickee volume 2, #2 (contributor) (Alternative Comics, 2004, ISBN 978-1-891867-76-7)
- Stickleback 2005 (Alternative Comics, 2005, ISBN 978-1-891867-80-4)
- Project: Superior (contributor) (AdHouse Books, 2005, ISBN 978-0-9721794-8-5)
- Hickee volume 3, #4 (contributor) (Alternative Comics, 2008, ISBN 978-1-934460-05-4)
- Flight Volume Five: Evidence (contributor) (Villard Books, 2008, ISBN 0-345-50589-1)
- Nelson Tethers: Puzzle Agent (designer) (Telltale Games, 2010)
- Puzzle Agent 2 (designer) (Telltale Games, 2011)
- Peter & Ernesto: A Tale of Two Sloths (First Second, 2018, ISBN 978-1-626-72561-4)
- A Goofy Movie (1995) clean up artist: Phoenix Animation Toronto
- Coraline (2009) storyboard artist
- ParaNorman (2012) storyboard artist
- The Boxtrolls (2014) director
- Kubo and the Two Strings (2016) storyboard artist
- "Futureal Studios biography". Archived from the original on February 21, 2014. Retrieved December 9, 2008.
- Mulrooney, Marty (June 3, 2010). "INTERVIEW – In Conversation With Graham Annable (Cartoonist/Animator/Illustrator)". alternativemagazineonline.co.uk. Alternative Magazine Online. Retrieved October 5, 2014.
- "MobyGames developer bio". MobyGames.com. Moby Games. 2013. Retrieved December 9, 2008.
- Bronstring, Marek (February 23, 2005). "Graham Annable of Telltale INTERVIEW". adventuregamers.com. Adventure Gamers. Retrieved October 5, 2014.
- Amidi, Amid (February 7, 2013). "Laika's Next Feature Will Be "Boxtrolls"". Cartoon Brew. Retrieved February 7, 2013.
- Harvey Awards Nominations 2002 Archived 2008-10-05 at the Wayback Machine.
- "The Boxtrolls: Animated Feature Film - Nominees - Oscars 2015". Retrieved February 23, 2015.
- Comic Shop News, April 2001
- Flight Comics
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Graham Annable.|
|This article relating to an animator is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|