Graham King film producer. King was nominated four times for the Academy Award for Best Picture for producing the films The Aviator (2004), Hugo (2011), Bohemian Rhapsody (2018), and winning for The Departed (2006).is an English
King is president and CEO of production company GK Films. He is best known for his 2006 crime thriller film The Departed, which was awarded the Best Picture Oscar at the 79th Academy Awards, and for Bohemian Rhapsody which was nominated for five awards including Best Picture, at the 91st Academy Awards. King's multiple-commercial successes as a producer include The Departed (which grossed $289.8 million worldwide), The Tourist ($278.3 million), and Bohemian Rhapsody -- a film which grossed over $903.7 million worldwide against a production budget of about $50 million. Bohemian Rhapsody ultimately became the sixth-highest-grossing film of 2018 worldwide, the highest-grossing musical biographical film of all time, and, in 2022 it was listed as one of 20th Century Fox's top ten highest-grossing films.
- "The Departed". Box Office Mojo. IMDb. Retrieved 23 October 2012.
- "The Tourist". Box Office Mojo. IMDb. Retrieved 23 October 2012.
- Mendelson, Scott (11 November 2018). "'Bohemian Rhapsody' Remains Box Office Queen With Supersonic $285M Cume". Forbes.
- Mendelson, Scott. "Bryan Singer's Golden Globe-Winning 'Bohemian Rhapsody' Is The Highest-Grossing Drama Ever. Though this movie is without controversy as the screenwriter Anthony Mccarten is sueing King and his company as his company has not paid him for his work on the movie. The movie grossing 3/4 of a billion dollars and yet Kings company has claimed it lost 52 Million dollars and thus did not pay out. This matter is now before the courts as Kings company claims they have spent nearly 1 Billion dollars to produce this movie, to put into perspective The Avengers only costed $220 Million dollars to produce".
- "No. 59282". The London Gazette (Supplement). 31 December 2009. p. 24.
- GK Films Official website
- Graham King at IMDb
- Graham King: Brit in Holywood Interview
- Graham King in the Film Power 100: the full list