Life and career
Seed is best known for his role playing Nigel Pargetter in the BBC radio series The Archers from 1983 until January 2011, although actor Nigel Carrington briefly played the role when Graham Seed took a break in the late 1980s. In addition to The Archers, Seed has appeared in the TV soap operas Brookside (1995–97, as Dick Thornton), Coronation Street (1981, as a solicitor) and Crossroads (1985–88, as Charlie Mycroft).
Seed's roles include the adult Britannicus, son of the emperor Claudius in the BBC adaptation of Robert Graves, I, Claudius (1976), Harrop in William Boyd's Channel 4 Film Good and Bad at Games (1983) and Jorkins in the first episode "Et in Arcadia ego" of the ITV television adaptation of Brideshead Revisited (1981). He also appeared in Edward VII (1975), Bergerac (1981), C.A.B. (1986) Midsomer Murders (2009) and Wild Target (2010).
Seed married his long-time partner, the theatre producer and actress Denise Silvey, on 9 January 2013.
- "Radio 4 - The Archers - Who's Who : A-D". BBC. Retrieved 2011-01-03.
- "Crossroads - The 1980s", BFI screenonline
- "Graham Seed". Internet Movie Database. IMDb.com, Inc. Retrieved 4 January 2011.
- Independent article, 1 May 2011: How we met. Retrieved 2 August 2012.
- Mail Online, 3 December 2011. Retrieved 10 January 2013.
|This article about a United Kingdom film and television actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|