From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (May 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
List of works
- The Knights of Dark Renown (1969), set in the Kingdom of Jerusalem during the reigns of Baldwin IV, Baldwin V and Queen Sibylla, majoring on the real-life knight Raynald of Châtillon and his arch-enemy Saladin.
- The Kings of Vain Intent (1970), sequel to the above, dealing with the Third Crusade, depicting Conrad of Montferrat as the villain: the US edition contains an additional chapter.
- The Villains of the Piece (1972) (published in the US as The Oath and the Sword), about the conflict between King Stephen and Queen Matilda.
- The Devil is Loose (1974), a sequel to The Kings of Vain Intent, following the later career of Richard I of England.
- The Wolf at the Door (1975), about John of England.
- The Cannaways (1978), a story of a fictional eighteenth-century family.
- The Cannaway Concern (1980), sequel to the above.
- The Edge of the Blade (1986).
- Demand the World (1990), based on the life of Eliza Lynch.
The Knights of Dark Renown and The Kings of Vain Intent were translated into German as Ritter der Finsternis in 1975, and The Devil is Loose and The Wolf at the Door as Der ertrinkende Eber in 1980.