From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up grain in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
- Food grains, the small, hard, fruits or seeds of arable crops or the crops bearing these fruits or seeds. Includes the:
- Film grain, the gritty texture sometimes apparent on images produced using photographic film or paper (grainy)
- "Fine-grained", designating a more finely differentiated form of a technical or abstract system, in contrast to "coarse-grained", a less differentiated one
- Grain (unit), a unit of mass equal to 64.79891 milligrams, 1⁄7,000 of an avoirdupois pound
- Grain size (or particle size), for particles of rock in geology
- Crystallite or "grain" in metallurgy, a single crystal inside solid-state matter
- Grain, a solid propellant charge, roughly a hollow cylinder, sometimes textured, and possibly very large
- Granular synthesis, a method for digital musical instruments operating on the "microsound" time scale
- Grain (surfboard company), a company that manufactures hollow wooden surfboards
- Wood grain, the alignment and texture of the fibres in wood
Or, more generally:
- Grain (cipher), a stream cipher designed for restricted hardware environments and submitted to eSTREAM in 2004 by Martin Hell et al.
- Grain (textile), the orientation of a woven textile used in a garment.
- Isle of Grain in Kent, England, on which lies the village of Grain
- GRAIN, an international non-governmental organization for sustainable agriculture
Grain may also refer to:
- Grain (magazine), a Canadian literary magazine
- Grain (film), 2015 film
- Border clans in Scotland
- Grains per gallon, a unit of water hardness
- Grain Power Station, a power station in England
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Grain.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.