|Birth name||Denis Jašarević|
|Also known as||Gramatik|
|Born||October 19, 1984|
Portorož, SR Slovenia, Yugoslavia
|Genres||Chill Out, Hip hop, electronica, trip hop|
|Associated acts||GRiZ, Pretty Lights, Haywyre, Balkan Bump Michal Menert, Break Science, Eliot Lipp, Big Gigantic, DJ Shadow, Exmag,|
Denis Jašarević was born in Portorož, SR Slovenia, SFR Yugoslavia on 19 October 1984. Jašarević’s interest in music began at the age of three, when his mother would catch him listening to American funk, jazz, soul and blues from his older sister’s cassette tapes. As he got older, he was introduced to hip hop culture and listened to artists such as DJ Premier, Guru, RZA and Dr. Dre.
At the age of 13, Jašarević started producing hip-hop music using an early PC. He later began sharing his tracks through the online music store Beatport, which helped him gain a following in the United States and Europe. Beatport is what Jašarević cites as his gateway to emerging as an electronic artist and landing his first US agent, Hunter Williams.
After Jašarević signed with his new agency, he moved to New York City and released his debut studio album Expedition 44 in July 2008, as well as his second studio album Street Bangerz Vol. 1 in December 2008. SB1 charted on Beatport's Top 100 Chill Out chart for six months. In an interview with Britt Chester, Jašarević said, "I didn't even expect the album to sell one track on Beatport, nothing else was sold on beatport except techno and house. When I dropped my album and it started selling, I was really surprised, since I'd never seen a hip-hop album sell on Beatport. So when it sold, I was like 'Wow!' These were hip-hop beats, but it was labeled 'Chill Out' on Beatport. People saw it and thought it was awesome good chill out music, which is fine for me. I didn't expect it at all, and I didn't expect someone to reach out to me as a booking agent."
A year after releasing his first album, Jašarević signed to the Pretty Lights Music label as its first new artist, which at the time consisted of only the electronic music producer Pretty Lights (Derek Vincent Smith). The label utilizes a fee-free music model, and Jašarević has stated his belief is that it is "morally right for music to be primarily free", and has been vocal about his history with digital piracy and how it has benefited his career in multiple ways. Jašarević cited his third extended play (EP) #digitalfreedom as having a theme involving "the fight against severe internet censorship bills" such as ACTA, SOPA and PIPA.
In 2013, Jašarević announced his departure from the Pretty Lights Music label in order to form his own vanity record label named Lowtemp Recordings. The label's name is an abbreviation of "low temperature", which Jašarević has explained is meant to indicate that music from his label would be "cool", stating, "So from now on, if you think a song of mine is cool, you gotta say that shit's [from] Lowtemp." Lowtemp now consists of artists Exmag (a side project of Gramatik), ILLUMNTR, Gibbz, BRANX, and Russ Liquid. In 2014, Jašarević reissued his first seven albums—including the Street Bangerz series, renamed as SB—on the Lowtemp label with new or updated artwork.
On November 9th, 2017, Gramatik launched his own cryptocurrency, GRMTK, and raised the maximum amount of $2.48 million (7500 ETH) in under 24 hours during his GRMTK token sale in Zurich. He was among the first artists to 'tokenize' his intellectual property. 
- Three "Best Track" awards - Beatport Music Awards (2012)
- Nomination for "Best Chill Out Artist" - Beatport Music Awards (2010)
- Expedition 44 (2008) (reissued 2014)
- Street Bangerz Vol. 1 (2008) (reissued 2014 as SB1)
- Street Bangerz Vol. 2 (2009) (reissued 2014 as SB2)
- Street Bangerz Vol. 3 (2010) (reissued 2014 as SB3)
- No Shortcuts (2010) (reissued 2014)
- Beatz & Pieces Vol. 1 (2011) (reissued 2014)
- Street Bangerz Vol. 4 (2013) (reissued 2014 as SB4)
- The Age of Reason (2014)
- Epigram (2016)
- Street Bangerz Vol. 5 (2018)
- Re: Coil Deluxe (2020)
- Cyberpunk 2020 OST (2020)
- Dreams About Her (2008) (reissued 2014)
- Water 4 The Soul (2009) (reissued 2014)
- #digitalfreedom EP (2012) (reissued 2015)
- Re:Coil Part I EP (2017)
- "You Don't Understand" (2013)
- "Brave Men" (2014)
- "Hit That Jive" (2014)
- "Native Son" (2016)
- "Voyager Twins" (2017)
- "Recovery" (2017)
- "Puff Your Cares Away" (2019)
- "Better Believe It Now" (with Big Gigantic) (2019)
- "Requiem for Peace" (with Anomalie featuring Waka Flocka Flame and Chrishira Perrier) (2019)
- Coffee Shop Selection (2015)
- "Gramatik Tracks & Releases on Beatport". Retrieved June 4, 2014.
- Chester, Britt (12 August 2011). "Gramatik on joining Pretty Lights Music and what he has in store for his show at Red Rocks". WestWord Blogs. Retrieved June 4, 2014.
- "Expedition 44 by Gramatik". 19 July 2008.
- "SB#1 by Gramatik". 2 December 2008.
- Wong, Kathleen (March 22, 2016). "Gramatik Wants Digital Music To Be Primarily Free: "There Is No Escaping That Reality."". Mic.
- Jašarević, Denis (9 February 2013). "Gramatik (Facebook post)". Retrieved May 11, 2016.
Oh, and if you're wondering what Lowtemp actually means, it's an abbreviation for low temperature, which implies that the label is putting out "cool" music. [smile emoticon] So from now on, if you think a song of mine is cool, you gotta say that shit's Lowtemp. [smile emoticon]
- "Gramatik releases "Tilt Mode" from new live electronic group Exmag feat. Gibbz : Must-Hear first soulful debut single". September 11, 2013. Archived from the original on September 27, 2015. Retrieved November 3, 2015.
- Jašarević, Denis (28 November 2017). "Gramatik (Live for Live Music)". Retrieved December 25, 2017.
Groundbreaking producer and technological advocate, Gramatik, raised the maximum amount of $2.48 million (7500 ETH) in under 24 hours during his GRMTK token sale in Zurich on November 9th, 2017, as he became the first artist in history to ‘tokenize’ his intellectual property–meaning, he created his own form of cryptocurrency that will represent his IP. For those of you still learning about cryptocurrency, it can best be defined as a digital or virtual currency that uses cryptography for security, making it difficult to counterfeit, that is not issued by any central authority, rendering it theoretically immune to government interference or manipulation, according to Investopedia.
- "Puff Your Cares Away - Single by Gramatik on Apple Music". iTunes Store. Retrieved 28 February 2019.
- "Better Believe It Now - Single by Gramatik on Apple Music". iTunes Store. Retrieved 6 June 2019.
- "Requiem for Peace, a song by Gramatik, Waka Flocka Flame, Chrishira Perrier on Spotify". Spotify. Retrieved 19 October 2019.