|Owner(s)||Danny Meyer, Michael Anthony, Kevin Mahan|
|Food type||New American|
|Street address||42 East 20th Street (between Broadway and Park Avenue S.), in the Flatiron District in Manhattan|
|City||New York City|
It is owned by Danny Meyer, along with Chef/Partner Michael Anthony. The pastry chef is Miro Uskoković. The Beverage Director is Chris Raftery. The restaurant opened in July 1994.
The restaurant's neo-Colonial decor is soothing and elegantly rustic. The restaurant can seat 130 people, the bar can accommodate 60 people, and a private dining room can seat 12–22 people.
Reviews & accolades
In 2013, Zagats gave it a food rating of 28, referring to it as “About as perfect as a restaurant can get”. It also rated it Number 1 in New York City for "Dining at the Bar," and the second most popular restaurant in New York City.
The restaurant was named "Outstanding Restaurant of 2008" from the James Beard Foundation.
Wine Spectator awarded Best Of Award of Excellence in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and 2013.
- Gramercy Tavern | Manhattan | Restaurant Menus and Reviews. Zagat. 2012. Retrieved January 25, 2013.
- Steven Raichlen (2003). BBQ USA. ISBN 9780761120155. Retrieved January 25, 2013.
- "New York Magazine". New York Magazine. July 18, 1994. Retrieved January 25, 2013. Cite journal requires
- Lucy Lean (2011). Made in America: Our Best Chefs Reinvent Comfort Food. ISBN 9781599621012. Retrieved January 25, 2013.
- Bo Burlingham (2007). Small Giants: Companies That Choose to Be Great Instead of Big. Penguin. ISBN 9781101191385. Retrieved January 25, 2013.
- John R. Walker (2007). The Restaurant: From Concept to Operation. John Wiley and Sons. ISBN 9780470164808. Retrieved January 25, 2013.
- Steven A. Shaw (2011). Turning the Tables: An Insider's Guide to Eating Out. HarperCollins. ISBN 9780062031488. Retrieved January 25, 2013.
- Eleanor Berman (2013). Top 10 New York City. Penguin. ISBN 9781465407931. Retrieved January 25, 2013.
- Myka Carroll (2012). New York City For Dummies. ISBN 9781118495407. Retrieved January 25, 2013.
- Andrew Rosenberg, Martin Dunford (2011). Pocket Rough Guide New York City. Penguin. ISBN 9781405388245. Retrieved January 25, 2013.
- Dorothy Hamilton, Patric Kuh (2009). Chef's Story. HarperCollins. ISBN 9780061850110. Retrieved January 25, 2013.
- Discover Restaurants in New York City. Zagat. Retrieved January 25, 2013.
- James Beard Foundation http://www.michelintravel.com/selections/2015-new-york-michelin-selections/. Missing or empty
- Claudia Fleming & Melissa Clark, The Last Course: The Desserts of Gramercy Tavern, Random House (2001)
- Danny Meyer, Mix Shake Stir: Recipes from Danny Meyer's Acclaimed New York City Restaurants, Hachette Digital (2009)