Grammy Award for Best Large Jazz Ensemble Album
The Grammy Award for Best Large Jazz Ensemble Album has been presented since 1961. From 1962 to 1971 and 1979 to 1991 the award title specified instrumental performances. Years reflect the year in which the Grammy Awards were presented, for works released in the previous year.
The name of the award has been changed several times.
- 1961: Best Jazz Performance Large Group
- 1962–1963: Best Jazz Performance – Large Group (Instrumental)
- 1964: Best Instrumental Jazz Performance – Large Group
- 1965–1971: Best Instrumental Jazz Performance – Large Group or Soloist with Large Group
- 1972–1978: Best Jazz Performance by a Big Band
- 1979–1991: Best Jazz Instrumental Performance, Big Band
- 1992–2000: Best Large Jazz Ensemble Performance
- 2001–present: Best Large Jazz Ensemble Album
|2014||Randy Brecker, Wlodek Pawlik Trio, Kalisz Philharmonic||Night in Calisia|||
|2015||Gordon Goodwin's Big Phat Band||Life in the Bubble|
|2016||Maria Schneider Orchestra||The Thompson Fields|
|2017||Ted Nash Big Band||Presidential Suite: Eight Variations on Freedom|
- "Grammy Awards 2014: Full Nominations List". Billboard.com. Retrieved 28 August 2015.
- Grammy Awards – Past Winners Search As noted in this article: search years are offset by one year.