Grammy Award for Best Regional Roots Music Album
|Grammy Award for Best Regional Roots Album|
|Awarded for||quality vocal or instrumental regional forms of american roots music albums|
|Presented by||National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences|
The Grammy Award for Best Regional Roots Music Album is an award presented at the Grammy Awards, a ceremony that was established in 1958 as the Gramophone Awards, to recording artists for releasing albums in the regionally based traditional American music, including Hawaiian, Native American, polka, zydeco and Cajun music genres. Honors in several categories are presented at the ceremony annually by the National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences of the United States to "honor artistic achievement, technical proficiency and overall excellence in the recording industry, without regard to album sales or chart position".
The category was introduced in 2012 in which the previous Best Hawaiian Music Album, Best Zydeco or Cajun Music Album and Best Native American Music Album categories were combined. The change was the result of a major overhaul of Grammy categories, announced in April 2011. The new category also recognizes other American roots forms, such as polka, whose own Grammy category was discontinued in 2009.
|2012||Rebirth Brass Band||Rebirth of New Orleans|||
|2013||Wayne Toups, Steve Riley & Wilson Savoy||The Band Courtbouillon|||
|2014||Terrance Simien and the Zydeco Experience||Dockside Sessions|||
|2015||Jo-El Sonnier||The Legacy|||
|2016||Jon Cleary||Go Go Juice|||
|2017||Kalani Pe'a||E Walea|||
|2018||The Lost Bayou Ramblers||Kalenda|||
|2019||Kalani Pe'a||No 'Ane'i|||
^[I] Each year is linked to the article about the Grammy Awards held that year.
- "Grammy Awards at a Glance". Los Angeles Times. Tribune Company. Retrieved April 24, 2010.
- "Overview". National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences. Archived from the original on October 27, 2009. Retrieved November 11, 2010.
- "Grammy Awards Category Mapper". Retrieved 2011-05-18.
- "2011 — 54th Annual GRAMMY Awards Nominees And Winners: American Roots Field". The Recording Academy. November 30, 2011.
- [List of 2013 nominees "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-02-01. Retrieved 2016-02-23.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)]
- "56th GRAMMY Awards: Full Winners List". Billboard. Retrieved May 7, 2017.
- List of Nominees 2015
- "Grammy Awards 2016: See the Full Winners List". Billboard. Retrieved May 7, 2017.
- "59th Annual GRAMMY Awards Winners & Nominees". GRAMMY.com. Retrieved May 7, 2017.
- Lynch, Joe (November 28, 2017). "Grammys 2018: See the Complete List of Nominees". Billboard. Retrieved November 29, 2017.
- Grammy.com, 7 December 2018