Granbury Independent School District
|Granbury Independent School District|
|Granbury, Texas, USA|
|Grades||Pre-K through 12|
|Superintendent||James M. Largent, Ed.D.|
|Governing agency||Texas Education Agency|
|Students and staff|
In addition to Granbury, the district serves the eastern Hood County cities of DeCordova, Cresson, and Brazos Bend along with the unincorporated communities of Pecan Plantation and Oak Trail Shores. Small portions of Parker, Johnson, and Somervell counties also lie within the district.
- Grades 9-12
- Alternative Academic High School
- STARS Accelerated High School
- Grades 6-8
- Granbury Middle School
- Acton Middle School
- Grades 3-5
- Brawner Intermediate School
- Grades PK-5
- Acton Elementary School
- Mambrino School
- Nettie Baccus Elementary School
- Oak Woods School
- Grades PK-2
- Emma Roberson Elementary School
- All Grades
- Behavior Transition Center
|Subject||Granbury ISD||Region 11||State of Texas|
Students in Granbury typically perform close to local region and statewide averages on standardized tests. In 2015-2016 State of Texas Assessments of Academic Readiness (STAAR) results, 76% of students in Granbury ISD met Level II Satisfactory standards, compared with 77% in Region 11 and 75% in the state of Texas. The average SAT score of the class of 2015 was 1461, and the average ACT score was 21.9.
In the 2015-2016 school year, the school district had a total of 6,971 students, ranging from early childhood and pre-kindergarten through grade 12. The class of 2015 included 444 graduates; the annual drop-out rate across grades 9-12 was 1.0%.
As of the 2015-2016 school year, the ethnic distribution of the school district was 72.3% White, 23.7% Hispanic, 0.7% Asian, 0.7% American Indian, 0.6% African American, 0.2% Pacific Islander, and 1.8% from two or more races. Economically disadvantaged students made up 49.7% of the student body.
- Administration / Superintendent James M. Largent, Ed.D.
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Granbury Isd". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved March 29, 2017.
- "2015-16 Texas Academic Performance Report, GRANBURY ISD". Texas Education Agency. Retrieved March 29, 2017.
- "2010 Accountability Rating System". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 2011-11-14.
|This article about a school district in Texas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|