Grand Analog, November 2009
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
|Genres||Canadian hip hop|
|Years active||2006 – present|
|Labels||The Shadow Cabinet Music Group, Ferryhouse Records (GER)|
Grand Analog is a Canadian hip hop band, formed in 2006 and fronted by Odario Williams. The group was conceived as a project combining R&B, jazz, reggae and rock influences into a hip hop style performed mainly on live instruments instead of digital electronics.
Grand Analog won two Western Canadian Music Awards for Best Rap/Hip-Hop Recording in 2009 for Touch Your Toes EP and 2010 for Metropolis Is Burning.
The band's third album, Modern Thunder, was released in Canada on August 20, 2013. Modern Thunder was also released in various European countries on German label Ferryhouse Records; and released in the U.S. on Brooklyn label Feel Up Records.
- Calligraffiti (2007)
- Metropolis Is Burning (2009)
- Modern Thunder (2013)
- Roll Dub Soul Rap (2015)
- Denise Benson, Extended Play: Grand Analog, eye weekly, March 5, 2008.
- Dart, Chris Name."Grand Analog Move Forward", Exclaim!, June 2009.
- Tanya Bailey, "Artist Profile: Grand Analog", Toronto Music Scene, December 17, 2008.
- "First Play: Grand Analog, Modern Thunder" Archived 2016-03-01 at the Wayback Machine.. CBC Music, August 13, 2013.
|This article about a Canadian band or other musical ensemble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|