Grand Hyatt Goa
This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Grand Hyatt Goa|
|Hotel chain||Global Hyatt Corporation|
|Address||Near Bambolim Beach, Post Goa University, Bambolim, North Goa, Goa, 403206|
|Management||Hyatt Hotels Corporation|
|Design and construction|
|Number of rooms||312|
Grand Hyatt Goa is a five-star luxury hotel located by Bambolim Bay in Goa, India. Designed in 1990, the construction of the hotel was started initially in 1995 by the Dynamix Group and thereafter on the formation of DB Group. Work was suspended in between for a few years due to a crisis in the real estate sector all over the country. During end 2005, the work was recommenced so as to complete the Project. On December 22, 2009 DB Hospitality signed an agreement with Hyatt International for 5 Hyatt hotels in India.
Property owned by a local Goan family namely “Sinaris” and was zoned as Orchard land largely with coconut trees and some other fruit trees. Purchased by the Dynamix Group under their holding company Goan Real Estate and Construction Ltd (later changed to Private Limited Company) during 1992 and 1993.
The plan for a grand hotel was conceptualized during mid 1995 and construction was accordingly commenced after receipt of requisite permissions.
The property had a private chapel and a cross on the Southern side, both these has been retained. Chapel is currently planned to be stabilized to avoid deterioration and to restore the same. The hotel is built around many existing fruit bearing trees and banyan trees which make the property look abundant and beautiful overlooking the Bambolim bay.
The owners had a small bungalow in the property which had to be demolished and a new bungalow built for them in a nearby property. All mundcars (tenants) living in the property have been settled by providing them plots of land and financial compensation to construct their homes within the larger property.
Occupation of the Hotel was obtained on 11 July 2010 and all Licenses, Permissions etc. were put in place thereafter for commencing operations. The Hotel was opened as Hotel Grand Hyatt, Goa on 1 August 2011.
The hotel has a total of 312 rooms overlooking the waters of Bambolim Bay. Grand Hyatt Goa spreads across 28 acres of tropical gardens. The hotel in Goa is situated in Bambolim and is located 7 km from the capital city of Panaji and 25 km from Dabolim Airport.
- 2014 Chulha - Best Indian Restaurant - Times Food Awards
- 2014 The Dining Room - Best All Day Dining/Coffee Shop - Times Food Awards
- 2013 Best Luxury Family Hotel - World Luxury Hotel Awards
- 2013 Top 25 Presidential Suites in India – Travel & Leisure Magazine
- 2013 Chulha - Best Indian Restaurant - Times Food Awards
- 2013 The Verandah - Best Grill Restaurant - Times Food Awards
- 2013 The Dining Room - Best All Day Dining/Coffee Shop - Times Food Awards
- 2013 Best International Hotel – Business Goa Awards For Corporate Excellence
- 2012 Best New Hotel - Conde Nast Traveller (US) Hot List
- 2012 Shamana Spa - Best New Spa - Conde Nast Traveller (US) Hot List
- 2012 Favourite New Hotel India (#1) - Conde Nast Traveller India Readers' Traveller Awards
- 2012 Best New Hotel - (#1) - Travel + Leisure India's Best Awards
- 2012 Best New Resort Spa (#1) asiaSpa India Awards
- 2012 Chulha - Best Newcomer & Best Indian Restaurant - Times Food Awards
- 2012 The Verandah - Best Grill Restaurant - Times Food Awards
- 2012 The Dining Room - Best All Day Dining/Coffee Shop -Times Food Awards