Grand Paris (project)
This article needs to be updated.January 2018)(
Grand Paris (Greater Paris) is a project to transform the Paris metropolitan area into a major world and European metropolis of the 21st century, in order to improve the living environment of the inhabitants, to correct the territorial inequalities and to build a sustainable city.
The plan was first announced on September 17, 2007, during the inauguration of "La Cité de l'Architecture et du Patrimoine", when Nicolas Sarkozy declared his intention to create a "new comprehensive development project for Grand Paris". The project was organized by the French State, with the Ministry of Culture and Communication in charge of coordinating the consultation process.
The architects of the project were: Jean Nouvel, Christian de Portzamparc, Antoine Grumbach, Roland Castro, Yves Lion, Djamel Klouche, Richard Rogers, Bernardo Secchi, Paola Vigano, Finn Geipel, Giulia Andi, and Winy Maas.
An exhibition entitled "Le Grand Pari de l'agglomeration parisienne" presented the results of the consultation process from April 29 to November 22, 2009.
This project led by the government, and especially by Christian Blanc, then Secretary of State for Development of the capital region, proposed the creation of large economic centers around Paris, and the creation of Réseau de transport public du Grand Paris, performing linking these centers to the airports, TGV stations and the center of Paris. The Societé du Grand Paris will be a public institution charged with the creation of a new automatic metro (200 km of track and 75 stations, estimated at 32.5 billion euros) in the Paris suburbs.
- Métropole du Grand Paris
- Société du Grand Paris
- Réseau de transport public du Grand Paris
- Grand Paris Express
- "Le Grand Paris" site of the Atelier Internationale du Grand Paris
- "Métro Grand Paris" site of the Société du Grand Paris
- "Le Grand Pari de l'agglomération parisienne" site of the Ministry of Culture: www.legrandparis.culture.gouv.fr
- "Le Havre, façade maritime du Grand Paris" site: www.grandparismaritime.fr
- Dossier Paris Métropole on Paris.fr
- Official website of the General Delegation for Territorial Cooperation of the City of Paris
- According to the text of the homepage of the website www.mon-grandparis.fr
- "Ten Scenarios for 'Grand Paris' Metropolis Now Up for Public Debate". Bustler. 2009-03-13. Retrieved 2009-06-12.
- "Big Plans for Grand Paris". 2009-06-11. Retrieved 2009-06-12.
- Metro project officially approved by decree n ° 2011-1011 of August 24, 2011 approving the general scheme of the Public transport network of Grand Paris