Grand Prix of Boston
The Grand Prix of Boston was a proposed IndyCar Series race scheduled to be first held on September 4, 2016. The race was to have taken place on a 2.25 mile route along the South Boston Seaport. The city of Boston, Massachusetts Department of Transportation, Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority, and the Massachusetts Convention Center Authority had reached an agreement with Indycar to allow the race to move forward. However, it was ultimately decided that the race would be cancelled at its originally planned venue, although it is possible that the race will be moved to another Boston-area location.
- Goodison, Donna (May 21, 2015). "Grand Prix of Boston set to roll starting in '16". Boston Herald. Herald Media Inc. Retrieved September 2, 2015.
- "Boston will host Labor Day IndyCar street race in 2016". ESPN News Services. Boston: ESPN Internet Ventures. Associated Press. May 21, 2015. Retrieved September 2, 2015.
- "Long Beach notebook: Rahal gets early win to start race weekend". Indycar.com. Retrieved 2016-04-17.
- Mark Glendenning. "Indycar Racing News | Racer.com - INDYCAR: Boston GP called off". Racer.com. Retrieved 2016-04-30.
- Marshall Pruett / Image by LAT. "Indycar Racing News | Racer.com - INDYCAR: Boston CEO working on new venue". Racer.com. Retrieved 2016-04-30.
- "SCHEDULE OF EVENTS". indycarboston.com. Retrieved 2016-04-26.
- "IndyCar Series replaces proposed Boston race with return to Watkins Glen". ESPN.com. Retrieved 20 July 2016.
- "Labor Day IndyCar race called off in Boston". Boston Herald. Retrieved 20 July 2016.