Grand Rapids Township, Wood County, Ohio
|Grand Rapids Township, Wood County, Ohio|
Hay field on Benschoter Road
Location of Grand Rapids Township in Wood County
|• Total||13.9 sq mi (36.1 km2)|
|• Land||13.5 sq mi (34.9 km2)|
|• Water||0.4 sq mi (1.1 km2)|
|Elevation||659 ft (201 m)|
|• Density||120/sq mi (45/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1087183|
Grand Rapids Township is one of the nineteen townships of Wood County, Ohio, United States. The 2010 census found 1,607 people in the township, 642 of whom lived in the unincorporated portions of the township.
Located in the northwestern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Providence Township, Lucas County - north
- Washington Township - east
- Weston Township - southeast
- Damascus Township, Henry County - west
- Washington Township, Henry County - northwest corner
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
The Grand Rapids Township Hall is located at the Grand Rapids Township Fire Department in Grand Rapids on Front Street, halfway between West Street and Beaver Street.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Grand Rapids township, Wood County, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved January 22, 2013.
- "Cities, Townships, & Villages". Wood County Government. Archived from the original on June 6, 2015. Retrieved 11 January 2016.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 2009-04-30.
- "Wood County Township Association - Grand Rapids Township". Wood County Township Association. Retrieved 2009-08-14.