Grand Valley, Ontario
|Town of Grand Valley|
|Motto: Nature's Playground|
Grand Valley within Dufferin County
|Formed||January 1, 1995|
|• Mayor||Steve Soloman|
|• Federal riding||Dufferin—Caledon|
|• Prov. riding||Dufferin—Caledon|
|• Land||158.23 km2 (61.09 sq mi)|
|• Density||18.7/km2 (48/sq mi)|
|Time zone||EST (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|Area code(s)||519 and 226|
The Town of Grand Valley (formerly The Township of East Luther Grand Valley) is a township in the Canadian province of Ontario, composed of the former Township of East Luther and the former Village of Grand Valley. The township is located within Dufferin County, and includes part of the Luther Marsh. The marsh covers over 10,000 acres (40 km²) including Luther Lake. The Grand River is one of the major sites in the town.
- The township's northern limit is Highway 10 and Highway 89; north of the limit is the township of Melancthon.
- The township's southern limit is Dufferin County Road 109; south of the limit is the township of East Garafraxa.
- The township's eastern limit is Amaranth-East Luther Townline; east of the limit is the township of Amaranth.
- The township's western limit is East Luther-West Luther Line; west of the limit is the township of Wellington North.
The township comprises the communities of Colbeck, Grand Valley, Leggatt, Monticello, Peepabun, Damascus and Tarbert.
The formation of the town under the name Township of East Luther Grand Valley was a result of an amalgamation effective January 1, 1995 of the Township of East Luther and the Village of Grand Valley. In September 2012, the name was changed to the Town of Grand Valley. Grand Valley was damaged by an F4 tornado on May 31, 1985 that destroyed much of the town's infrastructure, which has since been rebuilt.
The Municipal Office for the Town of Grand Valley is located at:
5 Main Street North
Grand Valley, ON
- Mayor: Steve Soloman
- Deputy Mayor: Rick Taylor
- Elizabeth Taylor
- John Ince
- Philip Rentsch
Grand Valley B.I.A.
The Grand Valley B.I.A. is encouraging commerce developments in the town. In an attempt to accommodate new development, the town is in the process of updating the By-laws.
The Grand Valley B.I.A., is the smallest BIA in Ontario.
|Canada census – Grand Valley, Ontario community profile|
|Population:||2,956 (8.4% from 2011)||2726 (-4.1% from 2006)|
|Land area:||158.23 km2 (61.09 sq mi)||158.23 km2 (61.09 sq mi)|
|Population density:||18.7/km2 (48/sq mi)||17.2/km2 (45/sq mi)|
|Median age:||41.5 (M: 41.1, F: 41.8)|
|Total private dwellings:||1048|
|Median household income:|
|References: 2016 2011 earlier|
- Population in 2016: 2956
- Population in 2011: 2726
- Population in 2006: 2844
- Population in 2001: 2842
- Population in 1996: 2773
- Population in 1991: 2501
Movies filmed in Grand Valley
- "East Luther Grand Valley, Ontario (Code 3522010) census profile". 2011 Census of Population. Statistics Canada. Retrieved 2012-08-14. Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "cp2016" defined multiple times with different content (see the help page).
- "2011 Community Profiles". Canada 2011 Census. Statistics Canada. July 5, 2013. Retrieved 2012-08-14.
- "2001 Community Profiles". Canada 2001 Census. Statistics Canada. February 17, 2012.
- Statistics Canada: 1996, 2001, 2006, 2011, 2016 census
|Centre Wellington||East Garafraxa|