Grand View Estates, Colorado
|Grand View Estates, Colorado|
Location in Douglas County and the state of Colorado
|• Total||0.8 sq mi (2.2 km2)|
|• Land||0.8 sq mi (2.2 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2)|
|Elevation||5,814 ft (1,772 m)|
|• Density||624/sq mi (240.8/km2)|
|Time zone||MST (UTC-7)|
|• Summer (DST)||MDT (UTC-6)|
|ZIP code||80134 (Parker)|
|GNIS feature ID||0185049|
Grand View Estates is located in northern Douglas County at  between Stonegate and Parker to the east and Lone Tree to the west. It is just south of Exits 2 and 3 on the E-470 toll highway and is 20 miles (32 km) south of downtown Denver.(39.543738, -104.821856),
As of the census of 2000, there were 691 people, 243 households, and 201 families residing in the CDP. The population density was 546.4 people per square mile (211.7/km²). There were 244 housing units at an average density of 192.9 per square mile (74.8/km²). The racial makeup of the CDP was 95.51% White, 1.01% African American, 0.29% Native American, 0.58% Asian, 0.72% from other races, and 1.88% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 3.04% of the population.
There were 243 households out of which 39.1% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 76.1% were married couples living together, 3.3% had a female householder with no husband present, and 16.9% were non-families. 11.5% of all households were made up of individuals and 3.3% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.84 and the average family size was 3.11.
In the CDP, the population was spread out with 25.6% under the age of 18, 6.2% from 18 to 24, 30.4% from 25 to 44, 31.4% from 45 to 64, and 6.4% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 40 years. For every 100 females there were 111.3 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 104.8 males.
The median income for a household in the CDP was $66,250, and the median income for a family was $70,250. Males had a median income of $56,625 versus $30,855 for females. The per capita income for the CDP was $27,616. About 3.2% of families and 1.9% of the population were below the poverty line, including none of those under the age of eighteen or sixty-five or over.
- Outline of Colorado
- State of Colorado
- Colorado cities and towns
- Colorado counties
- Colorado metropolitan areas
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Colorado Trend Report 2: State and Complete Places (Sub-state 2010 Census Data). Missouri Census Data Center. Accessed 2011-02-25.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Grand View Estates CDP, Colorado". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved October 19, 2015.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.