Grandine il vento
|Grandine il vento|
|Studio album by Renaissance|
|Recorded||June 2012-January 2013|
|Studio||Studio X, Ridgewood, New Jersey, USA|
|Genre||Progressive rock, symphonic rock|
Symphonic Rock Recordings|
Red River Entertainment
Avalon Records (Japan)
|Producer||Rave Tesar, Annie Haslam, Kevin Culligan|
Grandine il vento is the 13th studio album by the British progressive rock band, Renaissance first released in 2013, and re-released as Symphony of Light in 2014. It was financed through a Kickstarter campaign.
After the band's split in 2002, the band reunited and performed in 2009. In November 2012, the band's guitarist and composer, Michael Dunford died from a cerebral haemorrhage. One month later, the band's vocalist, Annie Haslam stated that the band would continue to perform. In 2013, it was announced that the new guitarist of the band was Ryche Chlanda. In April 2013, the band released the album first on the internet, and then in a CD format. It was dedicated on the inside sleeve to Michael Dunford. The album cover features a painting by Annie Haslam. Two guests played on this album: John Wetton (who had performed with Renaissance in 1971) and Ian Anderson (of Jethro Tull). The Japanese bonus track, "Carpet of the Sun," was recorded at NEARfest Apocalypse in June 2012. The album was reissued 15 April 2014 by Red River Entertainment as Symphony of Light with three additional tracks.
- "Symphony of Light" - 12:09
- "Waterfall" - 4:44
- "Grandine il vento" - 6:13
- "Porcelain" - 6:41
- "Cry to the World" - 5:44
- "Air of Drama" - 5:21
- "Blood Silver Like Moonlight" - 5:16
- "The Mystic and the Muse" - 7:48
- "Carpet of the Sun" (live) - 3:28 (Japan only)
2014 Re-release as Symphony of Light
- "Symphony of Light"
- "Grandine il vento"
- "Cry to the World"
- "Air of Drama"
- "Blood Silver Like Moonlight"
- "The Mystic and the Muse"
- "Immortal Beloved"
- "Renaissance Man"
All songs by Dunford/Haslam except 11 by Tesar/Haslam.
- Annie Haslam - lead and backing vocals, co-producer
- Michael Dunford - acoustic guitars, backing vocals, arrangements
- Rave Tesar - piano, keyboards, arrangements
- Jason Hart - keyboards, accordion, backing vocals, arrangements
- David J. Keyes - bass, double bass, lead and backing vocals
- Frank Pagano - drums, percussion, backing vocals
- Ian Anderson - flute on track 5
- John Wetton - vocals on track 7
- Tom Brislin - additional keyboards on track 8
- Andy Spiller - arrangements on track 8
- Rave Tesar - producer, engineer, mixing and mastering
- Kevin Culligan - executive producer
- Haslam, Annie. "New Renaissance Studio Album: Grandine il Vento". Kickstarter. Kickstarter. Retrieved 10 December 2013.
- Lifton, Dave (2012), "Michael Dunford of Renaissance Dies", Ultimate Classic Rock, retrieved 2012-12-22
- Haslam, Annie (22 December 2012), Annie Haslam Facebook page, Facebook Missing or empty
- Haslam, Annie (February 2013), "Renaissance Announces New Guitarist", Renaissance website blog, retrieved 2013-02-14
- "Symphony of Light CD Release". Renaissance Official Website. Retrieved 2015-09-19.