This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Headquarters||671 S. High Street, Columbus, Ohio United States|
|John Ammendola, President and CEO|
Terri Dalenta, CFO
|Services||Property and Casualty Insurance|
|Revenue||US$ 1.3 billion (2013) |
|Total assets||US$ 2 billion (2013)|
Grange Mutual Casualty Company, commonly known as Grange Insurance, is an American insurance company based in Columbus, Ohio. Grange markets its products exclusively through a network of about 3,600 independent agents to offer home, auto, life, and business insurance protection to policyholders. The company, formed in 1935, now operates in 13 states. These states include Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, and Wisconsin. 
In February 1933, the Town and Village Insurance Company Services worked under an agreement with Grange Insurance Services, Inc. to write automobile insurance for members of the Ohio State Grange. Grange Insurance Services, Inc. served as a general agent in Ohio and conducted all sales efforts and promotions. Town and Village Insurance Services then wrote business under a special automobile policy provided by the New Century Casualty Company of Chicago, Illinois.
On March 25, 1935, Grange Mutual Casualty Company was formed as a non-profit corporation under the General Code of Ohio and as such, assumed the book of business from Town and Village Insurance Services. Its principal business was writing property and casualty insurance coverage for policyholders as a mutual insurance company.
Grange Mutual was originally an assessment company and limited its sales to Ohio State Grange members. In 1942, a new hospitalization policy was introduced and offered to Grange members. In 1944, a general liability policy was added to the Grange line of products. Fire and extended coverages became available in 1955. By this time, Grange was a multiple line company. In 1958, Grange Mutual became independent of Ohio State Grange and offered its products to the general public within the State of Ohio.
On December 31, 1989, Grange Mutual purchased all the issued and outstanding shares of NWNL General Insurance Company, a Minnesota property and casualty insurance company. The name was changed to Trustgard Insurance Company effective February 28, 1990. Trustgard began the direct marketing of personal lines automobile and homeowners insurance in Missouri and Kansas in the early to mid 1990’s. In 1996, Grange decided to convert Trustgard to an independent agency company. Currently, Trustgard writes primarily new and renewal non-standard automobile policies.
In March 1995, a new stock subsidiary of Grange Mutual named Grange Indemnity Insurance Company was formed in Ohio and currently writes primarily renewal non-standard automobile policies.
Grange Property and Casualty Insurance Company was formed in 2004 to write additional business in the Grange territories in Ohio, Kentucky, and Georgia. Grange Property and Casualty was created for the purpose of offering new personal lines products in the market and currently writes new and renewal homeowner policies.
Grange Mutual Casualty Company has policyholders in 13 different states:
The Grange Mutual Casualty Group includes a family of different companies:
- Grange Mutual Casualty Group
- Grange Property & Casualty Insurance Company
- Trustgard Insurance Company
- Grange Indemnity Insurance Company
- Grange Insurance Company of Michigan
- Grange Life Insurance Company
- Integrity Mutual Insurance Company
- Integrity Property & Casualty Company
- Grange Insurance Audubon Center, a nature conservation center that opened in August 2009.
- St. Stephen’s Community House, an organization that serves families in need. Grange provides an executive to serve on its board, covers the cost of printing materials, and makes cash contributions.
Grange has received numerous awards from agent and industry associations
- A.M. Best rating of “A” Excellent
- BBB Accredited Business since 7/21/1970
- Columbus Business First 2012 Corporate Caring Award.
- United Way of Central Ohio 2014 Employee Volunteerism award.
- "Grange names Welch CEO". Columbus Business First. April 29, 2011. Retrieved June 11, 2014.
- "People". Wells Media Group. Retrieved 2014-06-11.
-  Ohio Department of Insurance. “A Market Conduct Examination and Risk Assessment”. p. 2. December 31, 2008. Retrieved 10 June 2014.
- Reid, J. Frederick (1985). Grange Mutual, 1935-1985 : a growing partnership in protection. New York: Newcomen Society of the United States. LCCN 86060410.
- "Grange Mutual Casualty Company Company Information". www.hoovers.com. Retrieved 2014-06-11.
- "The Grange Mutual Casualty Group of Insurance Companies Review - Insurance Companies in Columbus, OH - BBB Business Review - BBB serving 21 Counties in Central Ohio". Bbb.org. Retrieved 2014-06-11.
- "Connective Technologies Announces TEAM-UP Download with Grange Insurance". Connective Technologies. 2003-11-11. Retrieved 2014-06-13.
- "Frequently Asked Questions | Grange Insurance Audubon Center". Grange.audubon.org. Retrieved 2014-06-11.
- "Corporate Caring Awards: Grange Insurance". Columbus Business First. 2012-04-20. Retrieved 2014-06-13.
- "A.M. Best Affirms FSR of Grange Mutual Casualty Company". A.M. Best. 2012-06-01. Retrieved 2014-06-13.
- "United Way of Central Ohio's Celebration of Excellence". United Way of Central Ohio. 2014-05-07. Retrieved 2014-06-13.