Jump to navigation Jump to search
Granite Chief as seen from Squaw Valley Ski Resort
|Elevation||9,010 ft (2,746 m) NAVD 88|
|Prominence||1,846 ft (563 m) |
|Listing||Sierra Peaks Section|
|Location||Placer County, California, U.S.|
|Parent range||Sierra Nevada|
|Topo map||USGS Granite Chief|
Granite Chief is a mountain located in the Sierra Nevada near Lake Tahoe. The mountain rises to an elevation of 9,010 feet (2,746 m) and receives consistent heavy snowfall during the winter months.
- "Sierra Peaks Section List" (PDF). Angeles Chapter, Sierra Club. Retrieved 2009-08-05.
- "Granite Chief". NGS data sheet. U.S. National Geodetic Survey. Retrieved 2008-12-26.
- "Granite Chief, California". Peakbagger.com. Retrieved 2010-02-02.
- "Subsection M261Eh - Upper Batholith and Volcanic Flows". U.S. Forest Service. Archived from the original on 2007-08-13. Retrieved 2007-11-23.
- "Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows Mountain Map". Squaw Valley USA. Retrieved 2016-03-14.
- "Granite Chief". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-02-02.
- "Granite Chief". SummitPost.org. Retrieved 2010-02-02.
|This Placer County, California-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|