|Platform(s)||Acorn Archimedes, Amstrad CPC, Mac OS Classic, BBC Micro, Commodore 64, Amiga, Microsoft Windows, ZX Spectrum, iPhone, iPad, OS X|
Granny's Garden is an educational adventure game for the British BBC Micro computer, released in 1983. It served as a first introduction to computers for many schoolchildren in the United Kingdom during the 1980s and 1990s. According to the 4Mation webpage about the original version, it was the reason many teachers decided that computers had a real place in education. The software is still available in its original and updated formats.
Created by Mike Matson for 4Mation, the game takes place in the Kingdom of the Mountains. The aim is to find the six missing children of the King and Queen (Esther, Tom, Clare, Anna, Jessica, and Daniel), while avoiding the evil witch, by solving puzzles.
- "Granny's Garden". 4mation.co.uk. Archived from the original on 2000-08-17.
- "The original 1983 Granny's Garden released for Windows". 4mation.co.uk. 2006-12-08. Archived from the original on 2007-10-20.
- "Granny's Garden". 4mation.co.uk. Archived from the original on 2001-02-05.
- "Granny's Garden". 4mation.co.uk. Archived from the original on 2007-12-06.
- "4Mation Press Release - Retro Granny's Garden on iPhone and iPad". 4mation.co.uk. 2014-06-08. Retrieved 2019-08-29.
- "Retro Granny's Garden". 4mation.co.uk. Retrieved 2015-02-19.
- "Granny's Garden". 4mation.co.uk. Retrieved 2015-02-19.
- Granny's Garden
- Retro Granny's Garden
- Granny's Garden at MobyGames
- Granny's Garden at SpectrumComputing.co.uk
|This adventure game–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This BBC-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|