|Full name||Grant William Basey|
|Date of birth||30 November 1988|
|Place of birth||Farnborough, England|
|Height||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|Playing position||Left back|
|2007||→ Brentford (loan)||8||(0)|
|2011||→ Wycombe Wanderers (loan)||12||(0)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 12:06, 27 August 2015 (UTC).
Basey joined Charlton's academy, having been spotted on one of the club's community courses, and signed his first professional contract with Charlton in March 2007. At the start of the 2007–08 season he had a three-month spell on loan at Brentford, before making his debut for Charlton against Queens Park Rangers in October 2007. Basey scored his first ever professional goal in the 4–1 victory over Coventry City on 4 May 2008, just three days after signing a new two-year deal keeping him at The Valley until 2010.
Despite being born in England, Basey chose to represent Wales, qualifying for the Welsh set-up on account of his grandmother being born in Cardiff. He was selected for the Welsh Under-21s squad for a 3–2 loss to Israel in 2007.
Basey received another call up to the Wales squad for the friendly match against England on 15 May 2008. Given the number 12 shirt, he was an unused substitute in his team's 2–0 loss at Wrexham's Racecourse Ground.
After spending time on trial at Aberdeen, Basey signed for League Two club Barnet on a four-month contract. He made his debut in the centre of defence alongside Clovis Kamdjo in the 2–0 victory over Hereford United on 2 October 2010.
On 6 January 2011, Basey had his contract with Barnet terminated by temporary manager Paul Fairclough after his dedication to the club had been questioned.
Basey joined Peterborough United on 21 January 2011 on a contract until the end of the season. He made his debut on 15 February 2011 in the 2–0 victory away at Yeovil Town, and scored Peterborough's second as they look to climb up the League One table. Three days later, he signed a contract extension with Peterborough, keeping him at the club until the end of the 2011–12 season.
He subsequently moved to Wycombe Wanderers initially on loan, making 35 appearances over two seasons.
- Correct as of 2009.
|FA Cup||League Cup||Other||Total|
- Hugman, Barry J., ed. (2009). The PFA Footballers' Who's Who 2009–10. Mainstream Publishing. ISBN 978-1-84596-474-0.
- "Counting on Basey". Retrieved 4 November 2007.
- "Israel 3–2 Wales U21" BBC Sport retrieved on 13 October 2007
- "Basey Signs For Bees". Retrieved 27 October 2010.
- "Barnet 2–0 Hereford". BBC News. 2 October 2010.
- "Grant Basey departs". Ebbsfleet Utd. 11 December 2013. Retrieved 27 August 2015.
- "Coopers salute Basey". Catford News Shopper. 2 January 2008. Retrieved 7 January 2008.
- Includes Football League Trophy