Grant Community High School
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Grant Community High School|
|285 East Grand Avenue
Fox Lake, Illinois 60020
|School type||Public, high school|
|Motto||"Welcome To Bulldog Country"|
|Superintendent||Christine A. Sefcik|
|Enrollment||1,900  (2015-2016)|
|Color(s)||Red, white, and black|
|Athletics conference||Northern Lake County Conference|
District and school information
Currently, approximately 1,800 students attend Grant Community High School and the school is still growing, due to the amount of construction in the area. With a new addition and renovations completed in 2011, Grant is now a two-story 260,000-square-foot (24,000 m2) building that sits on 42 acres (170,000 m2) of property. Another addition is currently being built. The district obtains most of its students from four public elementary school districts (Big Hollow, Gavin, Stanton and Palombi) and three private parochial schools (St. Bede, Calvary Christian Academy, and St. Joseph Catholic School).
- Newspaper (The Bark)
- Literary magazine
- Daniel Dennis - 2016 Olympic wrestler
- Billy Klaus - baseball player
- Bobby Klaus - former MLB player (Cincinnati Reds, New York Mets)
- "About GCHS". Grant Community High School. Retrieved 2015-12-14.
- "About Grant Community High School". Grant Community High School. 2010. Archived from the original on July 10, 2009. Retrieved 28 March 2010.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Grant High School
- Newspaper | Grant Community High School
- "Sarasota retiree was Boston Red Sox 'backbone' in 1955". Retrieved 5 July 2012.