January 20, 1985 |
Upper Saint Clair, PA, USA
|Height||6 ft 3 in (191 cm)|
|Weight||190 lb (86 kg; 13 st 8 lb)|
|NHL Draft||40th overall, 2004
Lewis was drafted 40th overall in the 2004 NHL Entry Draft by the Atlanta Thrashers. He played collegiate hockey with Dartmouth College of the ECAC. During his freshman season he had 25 points, including 3 goals, in 34 games. His 25 points was the second-highest for a freshman in the history of the college. In four seasons he played in 120 games, and had 13 goals and 64 assists for 77 points.
Grant was signed by the Thrashers to a three-year entry level contract on July 6, 2007.
Lewis made his professional debut in the 2007–08 season with the Thrashers affiliate, the Chicago Wolves of the AHL. He played in 43 games with the Wolves, helping the Wolves capture the Calder Cup. In the 2008–09 season, Lewis was recalled by the Thrashers on March 2, 2009. He made his NHL debut for the Thrashers on March 3, 2009, in a 4–3 loss against the Florida Panthers.
Grant played in 26 games with the Wolves in the 2009–10 season, before he was reassigned, by the Thrashers, to the Hershey Bears on March 10, 2010. Used as a depth defenseman, Grant played in one playoff game with the Bears as they successfully defended the Calder Cup.
Awards and honors
|All-ECAC Hockey Rookie Team||2003–04|
|All-ECAC Hockey First Team||2003–04|
|All-ECAC Hockey Second Team||2005–06|
|AHL Calder Cup||2007–08|
- "Professional Hockey Review: 2010–11; Minor Leagues". Jewish Sports Review. 8 (87): 7–8. September–October 2011.
- "Lewis signed with Poprad". ECAC Hockey. June 14, 2011. Retrieved January 2, 2013.
- "Grant Lewis player profile". hockeysfuture.com. November 20, 2012. Retrieved November 20, 2012.
- "Thrashers sign defenseman Grant Lewis". Atlanta Thrashers. July 6, 2007. Retrieved March 10, 2009.
- "Thrashers recall defenseman Grant Lewis from Chicago". Atlanta Thrashers. March 2, 2009. Retrieved March 10, 2009.
- "From the press box; Analysis:Panther 4, Thrashers 3". Atlanta Thrashers. March 3, 2009. Retrieved March 10, 2009.
- "Bears add Lewis on blueline". The AHL. March 10, 2010. Retrieved March 10, 2010.
- "Preds acquire Grant Lewis from Atlanta Thrashers". Nashville Predators. September 1, 2010. Retrieved September 2, 2010.
- "Defender Grant Lewis agrees with Munich" (in German). EHC München. June 3, 2013. Retrieved June 3, 2013.