|Children||Two sons, Trent and Chase|
Grant Napear (born June 18, 1959) is an American sports radio host for The Grant Napear Show at KHTK Sports 1140 in Sacramento, California and the play-by-play announcer for the Sacramento Kings of the National Basketball Association (NBA). He also sometimes fills in for Jim Rome on The Jim Rome show. A section of his radio show is the self-titled "Grant's Rant," in which he furiously exclaims into the microphone about everyday things that irritate him. For example, he once meticulously broke down all that is wrong with stop lights at freeway on-ramps. His most famous trademark phrase when calling Kings' games is, "If you don't like that, you don't like NBA basketball."
- 1988–Present: Sacramento Kings play-by-play television announcer
- 2000–2015: play-by-play announcer for the San Jose Sabercats
- 2011–2012: Sacramento Mountain Lions play-by-play announcer Source
- (unknown): fill-in play-by-play announcer for the San Jose Sharks
- 2003: Oakland Raiders preseason television announcer
- 1995-1998: Sacramento Kings play-by-play radio announcer (KHTK)
- 1992-1994: Play-by-play announcer for the Sacramento Gold Miners
- 1987-1995: Sports director for KRBK-TV/KPWB (now KMAX-TV) Channel 31, Sacramento California
- 1985-1987: Weekend sports anchor, WAND, Decatur, IL
- 1977-1981: Football, basketball and hockey play-by-play announcer for Bowling Green University
Napear currently lives in El Dorado Hills, California with his wife, Starr Napear, and two sons Trent and Chase. The couple also have additional children from previous marriages. He is on the board of the Future Foundation of Sacramento, a foundation providing college scholarships for disadvantaged youth. He's hosted a benefit golf tournament for the foundation since 1995. During a February 2012 edition of his radio show, Napear told fellow Sacramento broadcaster Walt Gray that he has never had a cup of coffee in his life.