December 13, 1984
Grant Sabatier (born December 13, 1984) is an American author, podcaster, and entrepreneur. He is best known for his international bestselling book Financial Freedom which was published by Penguin Random House on February 5, 2019 and has been translated into 8 languages. Grant Sabatier founded personal finance website Millennial Money, hosts the podcast Financial Freedom, and co-founded BankBonus.com.
Grant grew up in Falls Church, VA, went to George Mason High School, and then attended the University of Chicago where he studied Philosophy. In 2010, at age 24, Sabatier was unable to find a job, so taught himself digital marketing. Several months later, Sabatier was hired at a digital marketing agency. After reading over 300 personal finance books and realizing that retirement seemed unattainable at his current salary, he quit to start a consulting business. Despite the rapid growth of the consulting business, Sabatier consciously avoided lifestyle inflation. By saving more than 80% of his six-figure income, Sabatier amassed $1.25 million and reached financial independence by age 30.
Sabatier has written a book, Financial Freedom: A Proven Path to All the Money You Will Ever Need, which has been translated into 8 languages and is popular in the FIRE Movement. The book chronicles Grant's journey to reaching financial independence at a young age and includes a step-by-step framework designed to help readers do the same. In 2020 LinkedIn Learning optioned the rights of the book and released a course designed around its content.
The Financial Freedom podcast focuses on money, meaning, and everything in between. It's an interview-style podcast where Sabatier interviews guests who share strategies for mastering money and living meaningful lives.
Millennial Money Minutes
The podcast was co-hosted by Grant Sabatier, which distills personal finance topics in five minutes.
Millennial Money focuses on helping others "make smarter financial decisions, build more successful companies, reach financial independence and live richer lives.
- "Millennial became a millionaire in 5 years following these 5 steps". CNBC. 16 February 2017.
- León, Concepción de (8 February 2018). "How One Book Changed My Relationship With Money". The New York Times.
- "I'm a Millennial Millionaire. Here's How I Got So Rich". Money.
- "The young and financially independent share best tips to retire early". CNBC. 12 November 2018.
- "People retire early for 2 reasons, and neither of them is money". Yahoo! Finance.
- "Millionaire By Age 30? One Blogger Offers A Few Not-So-Easy Steps". WBUR-FM.
- "How One Millennial Went From $2 to Over $1 Million in 5 Years". Inc. 22 June 2017.
- "Millennials eat up savings by dining out a lot, study shows". USA Today.
- "Millennials may be far from retirement, but think ahead with 401(k)". USA Today.
- "5 people explain how their life unexpectedly changed after retiring early". Business Insider.
- "Why most Americans aren't rich". New York Post. 3 July 2018.
- "Mason Alum Turned Millionaire Shares Story with F.C." Falls Church News-Press Online. 2019-03-11. Retrieved 2019-10-15.
- Hicks, Coryanne. "Invest Like Millennial Millionaire Grant Sabatier". US News & World Report.
- Zhai Yun, Tan (September 7, 2018). "Cover Story: Achieving financial independence early". The Edge (Malaysia). Retrieved September 28, 2019.
- "How this millennial saved $1 million by age 30". Washington Post.
- "How this early retiree went from $2 to $1.25 million in 5 years". Yahoo! Finance.
- "Financial Freedom: A Proven Path to All the Money You Will Ever Need Online Class | LinkedIn Learning, formerly Lynda.com". LinkedIn. Retrieved 2021-03-23.
- "Financial Freedom: A Proven Path to All the Money You Will Ever Need Review". Publishers Weekly. December 17, 2018. Retrieved September 28, 2019.
- Lam, Jackie (September 6, 2019). "The 4 best money lessons I learned from 'Financial Freedom,' by a man who retired at 30 as a millionaire". Business Insider. Retrieved September 28, 2019.
- Hoffower, Hillary (February 20, 2019). "Here's the 7-step strategy one guy used to become a millionaire and retire at 30". The Australian Financial Review. Retrieved September 28, 2019.
- "Financial Freedom Podcast | Make Money Buy Time podcast". player.fm.
- "40+ Best Personal Finance Podcasts: Money & Financial Shows For 2019". Making Momentum. 30 January 2019.
- "This Chicago man saved $1 million by the time he was 30. Here's how he did it". Chicago Tribune.