Grant Township, Benton County, Indiana
Location of Grant Township in Benton County
|Named for||Ulysses Grant|
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||35.94 sq mi (93.1 km2)|
|• Land||35.93 sq mi (93.1 km2)|
|• Water||0.01 sq mi (0.03 km2)|
|Elevation||751 ft (229 m)|
|• Density||29.4/sq mi (11.4/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (EST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||453334|
Grant Township is one of eleven townships in Benton County, Indiana. As of the 2010 census, its population was 1,056 and it contained 488 housing units. It was organized in December 1868 and was named for Ulysses Grant.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 35.94 square miles (93.1 km2), of which 35.93 square miles (93.1 km2) (or 99.97%) is land and 0.01 square miles (0.026 km2) (or 0.03%) is water.
Cities and towns
- Center (northeast)
- Hickory Grove (west)
- Oak Grove (east)
- Parish Grove (northwest)
- Pine Township, Warren County (southeast)
- Prairie Township, Warren County (southwest)
The township contains three cemeteries: Boswell, Perigo and Smith.
- "Grant Township, Benton County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-24.
- United States Census Bureau cartographic boundary files
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- Birch, Jesse Setlington (1942) . History of Benton County and Historic Oxford. Oxford, Indiana: Craw & Craw, Inc. p. 21.