Grant Township, Jackson County, Kansas
Location in Jackson County
|• Total||42 sq mi (108.77 km2)|
|• Land||41.95 sq mi (108.66 km2)|
|• Water||0.04 sq mi (0.11 km2) 0.1%|
|Elevation||1,184 ft (361 m)|
|• Density||5.1/sq mi (2/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||1729694|
Grant Township is a township in Jackson County, Kansas, USA. As of the 2000 census, its population was 212. The southeasternmost part of the township is located within the Prairie Band Potawatomi Indian Reservation.
Grant Township was formed in 1870.
Grant Township covers an area of 42 square miles (108.77 square kilometers); of this, 0.04 square miles (0.11 square kilometers) or 0.1 percent is water.
- Soldier Township (north)
- Jefferson Township (northeast)
- Banner Township (east)
- Lincoln Township (southeast)
- Adrian Township (south)
- St. Clere Township, Pottawatomie County (southwest)
- Lincoln Township, Pottawatomie County (west)
- Grant Township, Pottawatomie County (northwest)
The township contains two cemeteries: Boan and Olive Hill.
- U.S. Board on Geographic Names (GNIS)
- United States Census Bureau cartographic boundary files[permanent dead link]
- Barr, Elizabeth N. (1907). Business directory and history of Jackson County. p. 13.
|This article about a location in Jackson County, Kansas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|