"Grass Roots and New Tomorrows"
|• Supervisor||Catherine "Kay" Starostovic|
|• Total||23.0 sq mi (59.5 km2)|
|• Land||17.6 sq mi (45.5 km2)|
|• Water||5.4 sq mi (14.0 km2)|
|Elevation||801 ft (244 m)|
| • Estimate |
|Time zone||UTC-6 (CST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
Grant Township covers an area of 23.0 square miles (59.5 km2); of this, 5.4 square miles (14.0 km2) or 23.52 percent is water. Lakes in this township include Brandenburg Lake, Duck Lake, Fish Lake, Fox Lake, Long Lake, Nippersink Lake, Redhead Lake, Sullivan Lake and Wooster Lake. The streams of Eagle Creek and Squaw Creek run through this township.
Cities and towns
- Fox Lake (south half)
- Lakemoor (nourtheast quarter)
- Long Lake (west three-quarters)
- Round Lake (west quarter)
- Volo (north half)
- Antioch Township (northeast)
- Lake Villa Township (northeast)
- Avon Township (east)
- Fremont Township (southeast)
- Wauconda Township (south)
- McHenry Township, McHenry County (west)
- Burton Township, McHenry County (northwest)
The township contains two cemeteries, Grant, and St. Bede Catholic Cemetery
Airports and landing strips
- Arrow Heliport
- Precision Chrome Heliport
- Fox Lake Seaplane Base
|U.S. Decennial Census|
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Grant township, Lake County, Illinois". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Archived from the original on February 12, 2020. Retrieved December 19, 2012.
- "Lake County". Retrieved September 13, 2020.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.