Grant Township, Sherman County, Kansas
Location in Sherman County
|• Total||136.93 sq mi (354.64 km2)|
|• Land||136.89 sq mi (354.55 km2)|
|• Water||0.03 sq mi (0.09 km2) 0.03%|
|Elevation||3,812 ft (1,162 m)|
|• Density||0.8/sq mi (0.3/km2)|
|ZIP codes||67735, 67741|
|GNIS feature ID||0485216|
- Jaqua Township, Cheyenne County — north, west of Benkelman Township
- Benkelman Township, Cheyenne County — north, east of Jaqua Township
- Wano Township, Cheyenne County — northeast
- Voltaire Township — east
- Logan Township — southeastern corner
- Lincoln Township — south
- Stateline Township — southwest
Kit Carson County lies across the Colorado border to the west.
Only local roads are located in Grant Township. A small airport, Wright International Airport, lies in the township's southwest.
As an active township, Grant Township is governed by a three-member board, composed of the township trustee, the township treasurer, and the township clerk. The trustee acts as the township executive.
- "Subcounty population estimates: Kansas 2000-2007" (CSV). United States Census Bureau, Population Division. 2009-03-18. Retrieved 2009-03-23.
- Detailed Kansas map, United States Census Bureau, 2000. Accessed 2009-03-23.
- DeLorme. Kansas Atlas & Gazetteer. 4th ed. Yarmouth: DeLorme, 2009, p. 15, 28. ISBN 0-89933-342-7.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Grant Township, Sherman County, Kansas
- §80-301 and §80-505, Kansas Statutes. Accessed 2009-03-23.