Graph Modelling Language
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Graph Modeling Language (GML) is a hierarchical ASCII-based file format for describing graphs. It has been also named Graph Meta Language.
A simple graph in GML format:
graph [ comment "This is a sample graph" directed 1 id 42 label "Hello, I am a graph" node [ id 1 label "node 1" thisIsASampleAttribute 42 ] node [ id 2 label "node 2" thisIsASampleAttribute 43 ] node [ id 3 label "node 3" thisIsASampleAttribute 44 ] edge [ source 1 target 2 label "Edge from node 1 to node 2" ] edge [ source 2 target 3 label "Edge from node 2 to node 3" ] edge [ source 3 target 1 label "Edge from node 3 to node 1" ] ]
Applications supporting GML
- Apache Tinkerpop, an open source graph computing framework.
- Clairlib, a suite of open-source Perl modules intended to simplify a number of generic tasks in natural language processing (NLP), information retrieval (IR), and network analysis (NA).
- Cytoscape, an open source bioinformatics software platform for visualizing molecular interaction networks, loads and save previously-constructed interaction networks in GML.
- Gephi, an open source graph visualization and manipulation software.
- Graph-tool, a free and efficient Python module for manipulation and statistical analysis of graphs.
- igraph, an open source library for the analysis of complex networks, with higher level interfaces for R, Python and Ruby.
- NetworkX, an open source Python library for studying complex graphs.
- ocamlgraph, a graph library for OCaml.
- OGDF, the Open Graph Drawing Framework, an open source C++ library containing implementations of various graph drawing algorithms. The library is self-contained; optionally, additional packages like LP-solvers are required for some implementations.
- Tulip (software) is a free software in the domain of information visualisation capable of manipulating huge graphs (with more than 1.000.000 elements).
- yEd, a free Java-based graph editor, supports import from and export to GML.
- GraphML -- an xml-based graph markup language
- GXL -- another graph exchange format based on XML
- XGMML -- the eXtensible Graph Markup and Modeling Language is an XML application based on GML
|This programming language–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|