|Available in||Python (Django)|
|License||Apache License 2.0|
Graphite is a free open-source software (FOSS) tool that monitors and graphs numeric time-series data such as the performance of computer systems. Graphite was developed by Orbitz Worldwide, Inc and released as open-source software in 2008.
Graphite collects, stores, and displays time-series data in real time.
The tool has three main components:
- Carbon - a Twisted daemon that listens for time-series data
- Whisper - a simple database library for storing time-series data (similar in design to RRD)
- Graphite webapp - A Django webapp that renders graphs on-demand using Cairo library.
- Asay, Matt (June 27, 2008). "Orbitz paves the way to enterprise open-source contributions". CNET.
- Joshi, Nishes. Interoperability in monitoring and reporting systems. Masteroppgave, University of Oslo, 2012.
- Asay, Matt (2008-06-27). "Orbitz paves the way to enterprise open-source contributions". CNET. Retrieved 2016-06-29.
- Dixon, Jason (2014). Monitoring with Graphite. O'Reilly Media. ISBN 978-1491916438.
- Development page
- Latest documentation
- Screenshots, FAQ and outdated documentation
- Tools That Work With Graphite, mentioning and describing e.g. Grafana, a Graphite dashboard replacement