All Saints' Church, Grasby
Grasby shown within Lincolnshire
|OS grid reference|
|– London||140 mi (230 km) S|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|EU Parliament||East Midlands|
Grasby is a small village and civil parish in the West Lindsey district of Lincolnshire, England. The population of the civil parish (including Clixby) taken at the 2011 census was 480. It is situated 3 miles (5 km) north-west from the town of Caistor, and lies in the Lincolnshire Wolds, a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
Grasby's 13th-century Anglican parish church, dedicated to All Saints', lies opposite the village primary school.
The church is part of the Caistor group of parishes in the Deanery of West Wold. The 2013 incumbent is The Rev'd Canon Ian Robinson. In earlier times the Vicar was Rev Charles Tennyson Turner, Brother of the poet Alfred Lord Tennyson.
The village school came close to closing at the end of the 20th century, but remains open. It is now Grasby All Saints Church of England Primary School, and grant maintained. The school received a Grade 2 (Good) judgement for "Overall effectiveness" in its 2013 Ofsted report.
The village hall holds events such as Rock and Roll and Jive classes, runs a Learn Direct programme, and is used by the village school for physical education lessons and a yearly Easter ceremony.
Grasby has one public house, The Cross Keys, situated on the Caistor to Brigg road, that for a time held a village shop. A second public house, The Bluebell, on the corner of Church Hill and Canty Nook, is now closed.
- "Civil parish population 2011". Neighbourhood Statistics. Office for National Statistics. Retrieved 26 April 2016.
- "Parish council web pages". Lincolnshire county council. Retrieved 3 March 2013.
- "All Saint's Church, Grasby"., Ourchurchweb.org.uk
- "Grasby P C C"., Diocese of Lincoln
- "Grasby wins the Calor Lincolnshire Village of the Year competition". Market Rasen Mail. 12 September 2005. Retrieved 3 March 2013.
- "The Grasby All Saints Church of England Primary School", Ofsted School inspection report, 2013
- "Grasby's French connection just keeps on growing". Grimsby Telegraph. 12 June 2012. Retrieved 3 March 2013.
- "72140 Rue de Grasby, Saint-Rémy-de-Sillé, France". Google Maps. Retrieved 30 July 2013.
- Media related to Grasby at Wikimedia Commons
- Grasby, Genuki.org.uk. Retrieved 14 April 2011
- "Grasby All Saints Church of England Primary School", Grasbyallsaints.lincs.sch.uk. Retrieved 3 March 2013