|Directed by||Stephen Gyllenhaal|
|Produced by||Peggy Rajski
|Written by||Justin Rhodes
|Based on||Zioncheck for President
by Phil Campbell
Joel David Moore
Cedric The Entertainer
|Music by||Nick Urata|
|Edited by||Neil Mandelberg|
|Distributed by||Samuel Goldwyn Films|
The film tells the story of Phil Campbell (Jason Biggs), a journalist who has just lost his job and gets roped into leading Grant Cogswell's political campaign. Grant, played by Joel David Moore, is Phil's enthusiastic friend whose passion for the monorail inspires him to run for Seattle City Council. Grant is running against Richard McIver, played by Cedric the Entertainer, although McIver has more money and more supporters, Grant's blind passion paired with Phil's strategy makes Grant a contender.
- Jason Biggs as Phil Campbell
- Joel David Moore as Grant Cogswell
- Lauren Ambrose as Emily Bowen
- Cobie Smulders as Clair (a.k.a. "Monorail Girl")
- Tom Arnold as Tommy
- Emily Bergl as Theresa Glendon
- Todd Stashwick as Nick Ricochet
- Cedric the Entertainer as Richard McIver
- DC Pierson as Wayne
- Christopher McDonald as Jim Tripp
- "Jason Biggs to Star in Grassroots Movie - Theater News - Jun 24, 2010". Theatermania.com. 2010-06-24. Retrieved 2012-02-09.
- "Indie film "Grassroots" filming on the Hill next week | CHS Capitol Hill Seattle". Capitolhillseattle.com. Retrieved 2012-02-09.
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Grassroots (film)|