Gratiot Community Airport
|Gratiot Community Airport|
|IATA: AMN – ICAO: KAMN – FAA LID: AMN|
|Owner||City of Alma & County of Gratiot|
|Elevation AMSL||754 ft / 230 m|
Gratiot Community Airport (IATA: AMN, ICAO: KAMN, FAA LID: AMN) is a public use airport located three nautical miles (6 km) southwest of the central business district of Alma, a city in Gratiot County, Michigan, United States. It is owned by the city and county. This airport is included in the National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015, which categorized it as a general aviation airport.
The airport is staffed between 8am and 6pm. It is accessible by road from Seaman Rd, and is close to U.S. Highway 127.
Facilities and aircraft
Gratiot Community Airport covers an area of 631 acres (255 ha) at an elevation of 754 feet (230 m) above mean sea level. It has two asphalt paved runways: 9/27 is 5,004 by 75 feet (1,525 x 23 m) and 18/36 is 3,197 by 75 feet (974 x 23 m).
For the 12-month period ending December 31, 2007, the airport had 9,500 general aviation aircraft operations, an average of 26 per day. At that time there were 28 aircraft based at this airport: 79% single-engine and 21% multi-engine.
- FAA Airport Master Record for AMN ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective April 5, 2012.
- "2011–2015 NPIAS Report, Appendix A" (PDF, 2.03 MB). National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2010. External link in
- Gratiot Community Airport information from Greater Gratiot Development, Inc.
- Three Point Aviation, the fixed base operator (FBO)
- Aerial image as of April 1998 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for AMN, effective November 12, 2015
- Resources for this airport: