|Developer(s)||Andy Miller, Djamil Legato, Matias Griese|
|Initial release||30 July 2014|
|Type||Content management system|
Grav is a free software, self-hosted content management system (CMS) written in the PHP programming language and based on the Symfony web application framework. It uses a flat file database for both backend and frontend.
Grav is designed to have a shallow learning curve, and to be easy to set up. The focus of Grav is speed and simplicity, rather than an abundance of built-in features that come at the expense of complexity.
The name Grav is a shortened version of the word "gravity".
Grav is the most starred PHP CMS on GitHub, with over 13,700 stars.
- CMS Critic Awards - Best Flat File CMS 2021
- CMS Critic Awards - Best Flat File CMS 2020
- CMS Critic Awards - Best Flat File CMS 2019
- CMS Critic Awards - Best Flat File CMS 2017
- CMS Critic Awards - Best Open Source CMS 2016
- ^ "About Grav". Retrieved 15 May 2019.
- ^ "Grav blog" Retrieved on 15 May 2019.
- ^ "Releases - getgrav/grav". Retrieved 20 February 2023 – via GitHub.
- ^ "What is Grav?". Retrieved 9 February 2023.
- ^ "Most Starred PHP CMS projects on GitHub". GitHub. Retrieved 8 February 2023.