Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Elevation||846 ft (258 m)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||435362|
Gravelton was platted in 1876. The name likely refers to the presence of a gravel pit. A post office was established at Gravelton in 1876, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1906.
Gravelton is located at.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. October 25, 2007. Retrieved 2017-05-09.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Gravelton, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-10-17.
- Royse, L. W. (1919). A Standard History of Kosciusko County, Indiana. Lewis Publishing Company. p. 376.
- Baker, Ronald L. (October 1995). From Needmore to Prosperity: Hoosier Place Names in Folklore and History. Indiana University Press. p. 150. ISBN 978-0-253-32866-3.
...and apparently was named for a gravel pit once here.
- "Kosciusko County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved June 7, 2017.
|This Elkhart County, Indiana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Kosciusko County, Indiana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|