Gravity (American company)
|Industry||Internet information provider|
|Fate||Acquired by AOL|
Gravity was a start up Content Personalization Company based out of Los Angeles, USA. They helped publishers and advertisers deliver personalized content and ads. The company was founded in 2009 by Amit Kapur, Jim Benedetto, and Steve Pearman. The company was acquired by AOL in January 2014 for a reported $90.7 million.
Gravity offered Content Personalization by using something they developed using the "interest graph" to tailor specific interests of each user on social websites. The "interest graph" used real time ingestion to process content and behavior data. The data then got a Semantic and a Virility analysis and the "interest graph" was created according to each specific user. Gravity also uses these graphs in relation to specific brands. The data presented in these graphs give specific information on what customers a company has and their preferences. The companies using Gravity "interest graphs" were able to directly see what their customers want and expect. The graphs enabled brands to eliminate focus groups, market research, surveys, etc.
Customers and partners
Gravity had a wide variety of clients and it was utilized by over 50 companies and publishers.
- Time Magazine'
- The Wall Street Journal
- Gravity. "Gravity About". Archived from the original on 1 February 2014. Retrieved 30 January 2014.
- Mashable. "AOL Acquires Content Personalization Firm Gravity for $90 Million". Retrieved 30 January 2014.
- Forbes. "Gravity Can Graph Your Internet Clicks For New Customer Snapshots". Retrieved 30 January 2014.
- Adweek. "How to Attract Eyeballs to Branded Content". Retrieved 30 January 2014.
- Gigacom. "Sector RoadMapTM: content personalization in 2013" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 26 June 2013. Retrieved 30 January 2014.
- PandoDaily. "Gravity launches API, ushers in a personalized Web for all".
- TechCrunch. "Gravity Raises $10.6M For Content Personalization And Marketing, Round Led by GRP Partners".
- PandoDaily. "Gravity launches API, ushers in a personalized Web for all". Retrieved 30 January 2014.
- Forbes. "Gravity Can Graph Your Internet Clicks For New Customer Snapshots".
- Adweek. "How to Attract Eyeballs to Branded Content".