From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Gray-eyed Bulbul)
The grey-eyed bulbul (Iole propinqua) is a species of songbird in the bulbul family, Pycnonotidae. It is found in Southeast Asia in its natural habitat of subtropical or tropical moist lowland forests.
Taxonomy and systematics
Five subspecies are currently recognized.
- I. p. aquilonis - (Deignan, 1948): Found in southern China and north-eastern Vietnam
- I. p. propinqua - (Oustalet, 1903): Found from eastern Myanmar to southern China, northern Thailand and northern Indochina
- I. p. simulator - (Deignan, 1948): Found in south-eastern Thailand and southern Indochina
- I. p. innectens - (Deignan, 1948): Found in extreme southern Vietnam
- I. p. myitkyinensis - (Deignan, 1948): Found in north-eastern and eastern Myanmar
|This Pycnonotidae-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|