|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find link tool for suggestions. (April 2014)|
|Founded||4555 Great America Parkway 3rd Floor, Santa Clara, California, United States (2010 )|
|Headquarters||Santa Clara, California, United States|
|Products||ContextConnect, ImageAssurance, TubeScan, InterestInsights, AddYield|
Graymatics is a cognitive media processing company based in Santa Clara, California, United States and in Singapore. The company is most well known for its digital video analysis and image-recognition technology, a platform capable of identifying the brands of products within images or video content. Citrix Systems was the initial investor in Graymatics, providing financial backing through its investment group, the Citrix Startup Accelerator. Graymatics has offices in Santa Clara, California and Singapore.
Aware of the untapped market potential of online video content, Abhijit Shanbhag founded Graymatics in 2010. While still in stealth mode, the Citrix Startup Accelerator invested in Graymatics. In addition to the backing from Citrix, Graymatics also counts the office of Singapore’s Prime Minister among its investors.
Products & services
Graymatics offers a suite of products that implement its video analysis and image recognition technology. The company’s core product is ContextConnect, an automated, cloud-based technology that identifies and analyzes products within available visual content and provides users with brand and purchasing information. The ContextConnect technology works by identifying and matching relevant visual information with content from its database of scanned images from the Web. Once a product has been identified and tagged within the visual field, the user is provided with a link to an appropriate online retailer from which the product may be purchased.
Graymatics also offers ImageAssurance, TubeScan, and InterestInsights. ImageAssurance is designed to recognize objectionable content such as nudity or violence. TubeScan allows content publishers to extract data from videos viewed online. InterestInsights provides a publisher with a platform to create viewer profiles.
Awards & Recognition
Graymatics won the Techventure 2012 award for Rising Star Innovator.
- "Exhibitors - Graymatics". ad:tech. Retrieved January 29, 2013.
- Wilson Chua (November 29, 2012). "Graymatics aims to give Google’s Artificial Brain a run for its money". Sgentrepreneurs. Retrieved January 29, 2013.
- "Citrix Accelerates Cloud Video Innovation With Graymatics Investment". The Street. June 30, 2011. Retrieved January 29, 2013.
- Jessica Leber (October 8, 2012). "Where'd You Get That Cool Shirt? This Software Knows". MIT Technology Review. Retrieved January 29, 2013.
- "Graymatics Company Profile". Venture Deal. Retrieved January 29, 2013.
- "Citrix invests in Graymatics for cloud video technology". Silicon Valley Business Journal. June 30, 2011. Retrieved January 29, 2013.
- Robin Wauters (June 30, 2011). "Citrix Makes Strategic Investments In Graymatics And Gizmox". TechCrunch. Retrieved January 30, 2013.
- Destiny Bennett (October 18, 2012). "Graymatics recognizes products in pictures, videos, is a retailer’s dream". AGBeat. Retrieved January 30, 2013.
- James Mawson (October 21, 2012). "Singapore's siren call". Global Corporate Venturing. Retrieved January 30, 2013.