A post office called Gray's Ridge was established in 1879, the name was changed to Gray Ridge in 1887, and the present name of Grayridge was adopted in 1894. The community has the name of W. C. Gray, a pioneer citizen.
As of 2011, Grayridge's population is 1,506.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Grayridge Census Designated Place
- Missouri Hometown Locator http://missouri.hometownlocator.com/mo/stoddard/grayridge.cfm
- "Post Offices". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 26 December 2016.
- "Stoddard County Place Names, 1928–1945". The State Historical Society of Missouri. Archived from the original on June 24, 2016. Retrieved December 26, 2016.
- Standard Democrat http://www.standard-democrat.com/story/1678861.html
|This Stoddard County, Missouri state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|