Dana Graziano (former Graziano Trasmissioni) is an Italian company based in Turin manufacturing gearboxes, drivelines and their mechatronics components. It makes the "Pre-Cog" seven-speed Seamless-Shift gearbox (SSG) dual-clutch transmission used in the McLaren 12C.
Dana Graziano is the world's largest supplier of precision gears and shafts for final reduction components within the agricultural and off-highway vehicle.
The company is also known for supplying transmission and mechatronics for premium performance cars. Customers include McLaren, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Audi, Maserati , Alfa Romeo and Aston Martin, while some Mercedes-AMG models uses Graziano Power Transfer Unit . Competitors are Germans ZF Friedrichshafen, Getrag and BorgWarner which produce modules for the Volkswagen DSG gearbox.
Graziano Trasmissioni was started in 1951 as a small family company with 15 employees by Carlo Graziano. In 1963, the company moved to its present headquarters in Cascine Vica. After 1981, the company's export activity increased progressively. The company then expanded, opening a factory in India in 1999, another in Suzhou (China) in 2006 and a third in Cerveny Kostelec (Czech Republic), in 2006.
The new Lamborghini Aventador uses a single-clutch lightweight 7-speed semi-automatic gearbox built by Graziano. . Despite being single-clutch, gear-shifts are accomplished in 50ms. The Gallardo and the first-generation Audi R8 used a mid-engine Graziano gearbox (manual or automated manual versions).
The DCT gearbox used in the new Audi R8 was developed in partnership with Graziano. It is built and pretested at Graziano's Luserna plant in Italy before shipment to Volkswagen's Kassel plant in Germany, where the clutch and mechatronics modules are added. The finished transmission is then sent to Audi.
The Aston Martin One-77, Vantage S, V8 Vantage, Aston Martin DB9 and Maserati GranTurismo S use rear transaxle gearboxes while the Maserati Quattroporte and Coupé & Spyder Trofeo- GranSport had an MT-AMT (Automated Manual) gearboxes.
- English, Andrew (2011-02-14). "McLaren MP4-12C review". The Daily Telegraph. London.
- "Drive Systems Segment - Oerlikon Corporate". www.oerlikon.com. Retrieved 19 July 2018.
- "Lamborghini Aventador's transmission comes from Italian specialists Oerlikon Graziano". Harry. Archived from the original on 16 April 2011. Retrieved 31 March 2011.
- "Oerlikon Graziano and Vocis Driveline Controls develop step change in transmission technology for new Lamborghini flagship". Oerlikon Graziano. 22 Mar 2011. Retrieved 31 March 2011.
- "2015 McLaren 650S Spider [w/video]". Retrieved 19 July 2018.
- Dana Incorporated official site
- Graziano and Fairfield official site
- UK subsidiary
- Graziano brochure. Lists the cars equipped with Graziano gearboxes. This list includes various Ferraris (360, 430, 575M, 612, Enzo), the Lamborghini Gallardo/Audi R8, Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione, Aston Martin V8 Vantage and DB9 and Maserati Quattroporte and Coupé/Spyder.