Santa Clara – Great America station
|Amtrak and ACE commuter rail station|
Station seen from Tasman Drive looking south
|Location||5099 Stars & Stripes Drive
Santa Clara CA 95054
|Platforms||1 side platform|
|Connections||VTA Buses & Light Rail|
|Opened||May 21, 1993|
|Passengers (2015)||131,129 13.7% (Amtrak)|
Santa Clara – Great America (called Great America by ACE) is a train station in Santa Clara, California. It hosts Amtrak's Capitol Corridor trains and Altamont Corridor Express (ACE) trains. The station is close to Levi's Stadium and California's Great America. Amtrak service to Santa Clara began on May 21, 1993.
Of the 74 California stations served by Amtrak, Great America was the 25th-busiest in FY2012, boarding or detraining an average of about 332 passengers daily.
Platforms and tracks
|Main track||■ ACE||toward Stockton (Fremont)|
|■ ACE||toward San Jose (Santa Clara)|
|■ Capitol Corridor||toward Auburn (Fremont)|
|■ Capitol Corridor||toward San Jose (Santa Clara)|
|■ Coast Starlight||No stops|
The Great America station is served by VTA buses:
Amtrak Thruway Motorcoach line 6 stops here between San Jose and Stockton.
- "Amtrak Fact Sheet, FY2015, State of California" (PDF). Amtrak. November 2015. Retrieved 21 January 2016.
- National Association of Railroad Passengers (June 11, 1993). "Hotline #777". Retrieved 2012-07-31.
- "Amtrak Fact Sheet, FY2012, State of California" (PDF). Amtrak. November 2012. Retrieved 21 January 2016.
- Media related to Great America – Santa Clara Station at Wikimedia Commons
- Amtrak – Stations – Great America-Santa Clara
- ACE Great America Station
- Santa Clara-Great American Station (USA RailGuide -- TrainWeb)
- Park & Ride Lots - Great America ACE Station VTA
- Santa Clara-Great America (GAC)--Great American Stations (Amtrak)